The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2015 7:37 am  #1

Airports

Si

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 8:09 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/25/2015 10:08 am  #2

Re: Airports

Love: Salt Lake City, Tampa, Schiphol
Hate: Chicago O'Hare, Atlanta, London Heathrow

10/26/2015 7:13 am  #3

Love: Detroit, for the really trippy underground tunnel you need to go through to get from one terminal to another

Minneapolis, which has an iPad at nearly every single table and chair in the airport. You can actually order food from the iPad and have it delivered to you. 

Kansas City, for the shortest walk from the front door of the terminal to the plane of any major airport I've ever been at.

Honorable mention for Terminal A of BWI as well. 

Hate: Chicago O'Hare, St. Louis, Philadelphia (although to be fair, Philly has gotten substantially better in the last 5-10 years), and my most hated of all airports to where I will choose a more expensive or longer flight if he means being able to avoid it --- Hartsfield Int'l in Atlanta.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/26/2015 7:08 pm  #4

I'm not as travel savvy as some of you guys are, but from my experience I'd would say this:

Philly hasn't been that bad for me.  Although, when I'm flying overseas, I prefer Dulles.

Paris blows ........... it's simply too big.

I've flown into Zurich, Frankfurt, and Munich and have had a good experience in all of them.  They seem to run their terminals like clockwork without too much hassle and/or confusion.

I've had good luck with Allegiant flying out of both Allentown and Harrisburg when going to Clearwater, Florida to visit my daughter and her family.

BWI is ok, but driving to and from there is stressful for me, especially during rush hour.

Bottomline:  No matter where you fly from or to, it's not without an element of stress.  That's just the way it is, some places are simply less stressful than others.

10/27/2015 7:05 am  #5

The only thing I dislike about airports is the part between where it's getting bigger in the windshield and where it's getting smaller in the rear-view mirror.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

11/11/2015 1:47 pm  #6

Dear Lord, Miami is HUGE but I like it because it's so colorful & salsa dancing inspiring...
El Paso is very nice... as is San Antonio... similar to Miami but teeny compared
I don't like Dulles or Atlanta... and the one in Costa Rica was pitiful...
Las Vegas' is visual overload
PR's is very pretty, Dominican Republic is so-so and so is St Thomas'...
LAX sucks
Sacramento is quaint
Dallas Ft Worth is always a struggle, like Miami because it's huge!!!!
BWI is sentimental to me as is JFK... Newark is horrid!!! Philly is confusing like Atlanta...
Orlando is blaaaahhhh

my opinion, certainly... YMMV

Board footera