The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2015 12:02 pm  #41

Re: Hello Out There

Or You'll Be Sent To Your Rooms!

10/13/2015 12:17 pm  #42

flowergirl wrote:

Or You'll Be Sent To Your Rooms!

I'm there now,,, grading papers,,,,,,

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/12/2015 4:06 pm  #43

Probably reopening a can of worms and all, but I couldn't refrain from looking up whatever the original quote was that led to all of this brouhaha.

It was, and I quote, "Well, without going into your psychopathology".

One of those situations where someone isn't getting the quote just right and the other person uses that as evidence that they never said what the first person was trying to refer to, so everyone is right and everyone is wrong and we all get rankled. That's Old Exchange stuff, guys. Don't bring it to the New Exchange.

In other news, everything looks dead outside. I hate that peak foliage only lasts for a week or two. If I could, I'd quit my job and live life on the road, traveling to wherever the leaves were changing and temperatures remained between 45-65 degrees.

Last edited by opendoug (11/12/2015 4:08 pm)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11/12/2015 6:57 pm  #44

Kinda picking at a month old scab, no? Hey, that's OK. Points well taken. Everyone should feel comfortable speaking their mind here.

And yes, it is a real buzz kill after peak foliage makes its rather abrupt exit and we settle into that dead landscape. . (It was a spectacular fall here in western MA.)
I'll be happy when it snows here to add a new element to the landscape.

It's a long winter up here and I have learned to embrace it with cross country skiing and even the occasional, absurd stroll on snowshoes. What a comical sight that is.

The tail end of the winter is very long lasting, and I hate that.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera