The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2015 3:34 pm  #1

Do You Buy Salad Dressing?

a

Last edited by Goose (3/05/2016 6:58 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/22/2015 6:42 pm  #2

Re: Do You Buy Salad Dressing?

I haven't bought salad dressing for several years.  I like just a little lemon juice, maybe red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar and a little salt & pepper and olive oil.  Yours sounds good, Goose, and I have tossed together something very similar, but I rarely have fresh parsley around and wonder why I never grew it in the garden so I would have fresh to use.

9/22/2015 6:45 pm  #3

Thanks Goose.  I love tarragon and this sounds very good.

I hate to admit it, but I do buy salad dressing simply because it's convenient.  I buy Wos Wit Bacon Dressing and a Peppery Parmesan.

9/22/2015 8:07 pm  #4

We typically go with the packets of Italian seasoning and add our own vinegar, water, and oil.

To be honest, my absolute favorite homemade dressing is vinegar, oil, a pinch of white sugar, and oregano. Throw that on your standard iceberg, cucumber, and tomato salad and you are pretty much set.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera