The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2015 7:36 pm  #1

I wonder what kind of junk we'll be getting in the Fall premieres...

...seems like the cable channels are faring much better these last few years than the networks!!!

Maybe if they let some programs continue until the next season instead of trashing them after 4 episode, people would start trusting them by watching more of their shows...

I don't trust any of them and hesitate to get too enmeshed with new shows because of this... that's why my 3 DVRs are usually stuffed with new programming... I figure I'll wait until mid-season to watch beyond the pilots...

they suck you in with ads, super promote them, and then screw you over by cancelling... but they sure love to go for season 20 of any garbage reality show!!!

I hope cable doesn't follow their lead... the USA channel already cut Covert Affairs with no decent season/series finale... the entire season had already been filmed when they announced that it wasn't going to be renewed...

idiots...

8/16/2015 9:03 am  #2

Re: I wonder what kind of junk we'll be getting in the Fall premieres...

I don't even bother with the Networks (other than PBS). They have canceled too many things on me.  I take it very personally. 

I am waiting for The Knick to start, though I haven't heard anything and am getting a little worried.  I also like Poldark, Crimson Fields, Vikings, Hell on Wheels, Black Sails, Highlander and G o T.  My husband says I like all the blood, guts and gore programs.

8/16/2015 8:51 pm  #3

I watch very little tv, period.  Many nights if it were not for Guy and his 3Ds there would be nothing of interest to me to watch. I am a big fan of "Big Bang" on Thursday nights and the "Property Brothers" on H&G, "60 Minutes" Sunday nights and of course several PBS shows, but even there the limited shows that interest me is waning.  The  "Food Network" has gone too much to reality shows and competitive shows so there too my interest is dying.  I am sooooo tired of this cupcake thing I could scream!

8/16/2015 9:28 pm  #4

As a child of the 70's/80's, I'm looking forward to the new Muppet Show that ABC is putting on in prime time. Looks promising.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/16/2015 9:42 pm  #5

I wonder how a Muppet Show in prime time will go over.  If it's truly a muppet show, maybe.  But if ABC truns it into and adult version, BLAH! 
 Did you see that "Sesame Street" moves to HBO with year old repeats to be shown on PBS?

8/17/2015 9:28 am  #6

They have ruined HGTV and the Food Network.  HGTV once had a variety ot interesting shows pertaining to your house and how to fix it up, different styles, garden, etc.  Now it is the Real Estate Network.

I was on a cooking forum and evidently one of the posters works at the FoodNetwork.  People were giving him some constructive criticism about the show like.....enough with the cupcakes, we don't want all these competitions, they are going too far with these "wars", we want decent cooking shows, etc.  He wouldn't hear any of it.  He just brushed everyone off.  It was clear that the Food Network, just doesn't care what people want to see.  They will show you what they want to show you.

8/17/2015 11:18 am  #7

I used to love the food network, but they ruined with all of these competitions.
I watch Ina Garten sometimes, but mainly I'm done with it.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/17/2015 3:04 pm  #8

I wonder how a Muppet Show in prime time will go over.  If it's truly a muppet show, maybe.  But if ABC truns it into and adult version, BLAH!

They show producer said he wanted to make it something he could watch with his kids, so I think it will be a nice combo of kid and adult fare.

Here is the extended preview I saw for it. Looks promising

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera