The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2015 12:39 pm  #1

Rigatoni Pastore

This di

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 6:12 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/19/2015 1:07 pm  #2

Re: Rigatoni Pastore

That looks awesome.

One thing though...I always thought the correct way to cook pasta was to make the water as salty as "sea water" That prevents you from adding salt to the sauce or whatever you are going to put on it.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/19/2015 1:13 pm  #3

Here's a pasta dish I made recently, substituting Rotini for Spaghetti and going a little heavier on the Siracha and red pepper.

Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta

INGREDIENTS

8 ounces spaghetti
8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika, or more, to taste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

FOR THE SAUCE
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Juice of 1/2 lime, or more, to taste
1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

INSTRUCTIONS

To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, 
Thai sweet chili sauce, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha and red pepper flakes; set aside.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.

Place shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp and mayonnaise mixture.

Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/19/2015 2:18 pm  #4

It's tough for a dish like this. Since it's sort of spicy, you may want to go with a hoppy IPA.

But since it's a creamy sauce, you may want to tone it down a little and choose a amber ale or perhaps a Scottish Red.

I think however a good place to find yourseld for a dish like this would be Great Lakes Brewing Burning River American Pale Ale. A nice balance of sweet malts and hops with the edge going to the maltiness of the beer. Would be a good fit for this dish.

For the Rigatoni and Ricotta, I'd either go with a Troeg's Hop Back Amber Ale or a Pretty Things American Darling Strong Lager (That's a Massacussetts brewery)

2/20/2015 9:48 pm  #5

Both of these dishes look freakin' delicious! They both seem pretty easy to make too, which is a bonus. I haven't used sriracha sauce yet, so I'm interested to try it. Plus, oddly, I've been craving pasta for the last month or more. I don't know if it's the cold weather or what. 

2/23/2015 3:06 pm  #6

FYI -- Made the Rigatoni Pastore last night. Came out very well and the whole family enjoyed it. Probably going to finish off the rest tonight. 

I recommned making this dish.

3/10/2015 5:39 pm  #7

BYOB try sriracha as your hot sauce for buffalo wings... delicious!!! mix the butter & sauce & toss to your heart's content...

Board footera