The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2015 8:30 am  #1

Odd Gun Accident

Once in a while something involving a gun and people killing themself with their own weapon takes me by surprise:

A woman accidentally shot herself in the face while adjusting her bra holster. The US women Christina Bond, 55, succumbed to the fatal injury cause by the gun shot on January 2. The accident took place at her Lake Michigan home on New Year's Day on January 2.

"She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn't get it to fit the way she wanted it to. She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon", said St. Joseph Public Safety Director Mark Clapp told the Kalamazoo Gazette.

Last edited by Just Fred (2/19/2015 8:30 am)

2/19/2015 9:52 am  #2

Re: Odd Gun Accident

I've heard of a nip-slip, but . . . Wow . . . What more can you say?

2/19/2015 11:21 am  #3

Lesson number 1 is that a loaded weapon is a leathal wapon. 

In this case it was a sad lesson. 

Unfortunately our legislators keep avoiding tacking gun safety in regards to making guns safer thanks to the heavy hand of the gun industry which is only interested in selling more guns. There are few areas where safety is LESS of an issue than with guns. Look at all the things that have come to pass with cars, child proof items, airline safety, yet this issue gets a pass. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/19/2015 12:18 pm  #4

What kind of holster has the gun pointing toward your head?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera