The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2015 2:47 pm  #1

Stick a Fork in it

No related story here, but I just had to say it:

It's time to can the Miss USA, Miss America, Miss Universe, Miss (Whatever else) pageants and competitions.  Period.  The last one didn't even beat a 'Full House' re-run yesterday.  Who really gives a rat's carcass about these things anymore?

Last edited by Just Fred (7/14/2015 2:49 pm)

7/14/2015 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Stick a Fork in it

Beauty contests have definitely faded from the nation's conciousness.
I guess that they are still popular in the pre-teen set where "momzillas" drag their kids to pageant after pageant to compete in.
Yikes.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/14/2015 3:39 pm  #3

Because they introduce us to well spoken, intelligent, natural beauties that all of our daughters and granddaughters can hold up as role models and aspire to.

http://youtu.be/OXVSEB_4EUE

Besides, if you want a job later on as a Fox "news" reporter, contributor, or on air personality, it's a great training ground.

7/14/2015 7:35 pm  #4

Geez.  What a crock of shit.  I guess if I could determine my salary by simply asking my friends on the board to raise it, I'd claim I earned it, too.  I'd then return the favor by sitting on the boards of the guys that voted to raise my salary by voting to raise theirs.

That's how business works in America today.  Just like our founders imagined it.

7/15/2015 8:27 am  #5

That clip and "sermon" afterwards makes me sad in so many ways.....

Board footera