The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2015 7:33 am  #1

Summer Seafood Boils

Summer Seafood Boils Take On Local Flavor

By KIM SEVERSON

JUNE 30, 2015

Last edited by Goose (3/04/2016 9:31 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/01/2015 8:09 am  #2

Re: Summer Seafood Boils

Oh Goose.....I absolutely love a Low Country Boil.  Only problem is, I am not set up for making such a huge amount.  My pots simply aren't big enough for everything to fit in at once.  I usually end up making the corn or another ingredient first and taking it out, etc. 

I recently came across a recipe for something similar made on the grill in a foil packet.  It said it was easier than the usual boil.  I will look for it.

7/01/2015 8:32 pm  #3

My cousin and her husband make an absolutely fantastic Texas boil with gulf shrimp, red skinned potatoes,  jalapenos, corn on the cob, green beans, and hot Italian sausage.

Life is an Orthros.

7/02/2015 8:58 am  #4

Here is the packet recipe.  I haven't tried this yet, but I want to.

Low Country Boil Packets for the Grill

8 shell-on jumbo shrimp, deveined
2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
6 small red skin potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch
slices
2 links andouille sausage (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
16 littleneck clams, scrubbed
2 ears corn, cut into 1-inch wheels
4 tablespoons butter
1 lemon, sliced into 8 rounds
2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
Grilled crusty bread, for serving

Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.

Toss the shrimp with the seafood seasoning. Place two 12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil per packet (8 sheets total for 4 packets) on a flat surface. Divide the ingredients among the 4 packets, layering in the potato slices, sausage slices, shrimp, clams, corn wheels, butter, lemon rounds and scallions. Fold up the ends of the foil and seal into packets.

Place the packets on the grill, cover and cook until the clams open and the potatoes and shrimp are cooked, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with grilled crusty bread.

Board footera