The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2015 7:53 am  #1

Classical Music Primer

Let's expanogether.

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 5:42 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/08/2015 11:08 am  #2

Re: Classical Music Primer

Ode to Joy is my favorite.  It brings tears to my eyes.

8/08/2015 11:13 am  #3

florentine wrote:

Ode to Joy is my favorite. It brings tears to my eyes.

I have many recordings ot that piece, but my all time favorite is the version on a CD titled "Love, Joy, Peace...fruits of the Spirit" purchased a few years ago at Hearts & Minds in Dallastown.

There is some gentle syncopation as well as "straight" melody.

Life is an Orthros.

8/08/2015 11:20 am  #4

Goose wrote:

Let's expand Fred's art gallery to classical music.

Great idea!

With the addition of classical music to "Fred's Art Gallery" I gently modified the forum title to "Fred's Fine Arts Gallery"

Life is an Orthros.

8/08/2015 12:39 pm  #5

The 9th sends shivers up and down most people's spines.  Truly magnificant.  Now that you've awakened my lack of listening for a long time perhaps it is time to get out those cds that haven't seen the interior of an optical drive in a long time. 

8/15/2015 7:59 pm  #6

I'm in love with Bach's Air in G... the first time I heard it, I made up aromantic story with it ending in tragedy, of course!!!
love violins... classical music makes me moves my haed back with my eyes closed as if basking in the sun, but actually basking in the beauty of their sounds... and yet, tears always flow...

Last edited by Tropicalfox (8/15/2015 7:59 pm)

8/16/2015 7:02 am  #7

I often would listen to Bach's Brandenberg Concertos while working in the studio.  Believe it not, the music an artist listens to while painting can greatly affect the painting itself.

Also, for you Beethoven fans, I highly recommend the movie, 'Immortal Beloved' which is a biography of Beethoven (Beethoven played by Gary Oldman).  Quite moving, and it ends with 'Ode to Joy'.

Board footera