The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2015 3:06 pm  #1

Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of the rules violations.

[size=150]NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls [/size]

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_PATRIOTS_DEFLATED_FOOTBALLS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-06-13-15-55

An NFL investigation released Wednesday concluded New England Patriots employees likely deflated footballs used in the AFC Championship and that quarterback Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of the rules violations.

The NFL began investigating what's now known as "Deflategate" after the Patriots defeated the Colts 45-7 on January 18. The Colts complained that several footballs were under-inflated and the NFL confirmed that 11 of the 12 footballs were under the limit. The investigation started as the Patriots were preparing for the Super Bowl - which they won two weeks later.NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Troy Vincent, the league's executive vice president of football operations, would review the 243-page report on attorney Ted Wells' investigation and consider what steps to take next.

"We will continue our efforts vigorously to protect the integrity of the game and promote fair play at all times," Goodell said.

Last edited by Common Sense (5/06/2015 3:07 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/06/2015 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of the rules violations.

I dunno. The NFL should explain what "generally aware" means.
Also pretty tidy that the owner gets exonerated.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/06/2015 3:17 pm  #3

I agree with you! A very weak report that really does not say anything?

Probably, at least generally aware, likely deflated balls.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/06/2015 3:19 pm  #4

From my perspective it all goes back to Belichick and his win at all cost attitude that pervades his coaches, players, lockeroom personnel, ticket takers, parking lot attendants, and stadium food & beverage vendors. Even if it involves cheating. The organization should be substantially fined, lose a couple of draft picks, and Belichick personally fined (again substantially) and suspended from coaching involvement in any post season games.

If the NFL truly is trying to restore its control over the game and the integrity of the league, they need to take some bold steps forward. Here is an opportunity. Let's see if they seize it.

5/11/2015 8:33 am  #5

Tom Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-roger-goodell-suspend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

Tom Brady will be the highest-profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.Roger Goodell’s decision is expected to be announced next week, and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him.In conversations I’ve had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Ave., there is little doubt that Goodell considers Brady’s role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Ted Wells leads to one conclusion: Brady cheated.

Last edited by Common Sense (5/11/2015 8:34 am)

5/11/2015 11:06 am  #6

Personally I don't care one way or the other about Brady, BUT unless they can prove he conspired in this whole thing, I think suspending him is not the proper thing to do. We will have to wait and see what all comes out about thier investigation. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/11/2015 6:33 pm  #7

5/15/2015 6:45 am  #8

The Patriots have released a rebuttal, and the entire matter has descended even further into farce.
Millions have been spent, for what exactly, I couldn't say.

I have to say that this "scandal" has done nothing for me from day one. I mean, it's not like the Patriots doctored the footballs that the other team's offense had to use.
So, Brady likes a slightly softer football that most. Who cares?
The league should allow a wider range of PSI, or just provide their own balls to both teams.

Why is everything made so difficult?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/15/2015 9:30 am  #9

Regarding pro teams, there always seems to be a new scandal every other month any more.  Boring, tiresome and like other filthy rich they do what they please and the public be damned.

Board footera