The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2015 8:22 am  #1

Happy Monday

Hi again:

Just spent the past 30 minutes reading a bunch of abuse reports and numeous private messages and wanted to pass along the following information

1 - Goose offered to resign as moderator. In conjunction with Tarnation, as well as other notes of support for Goose by other members of the board, Goose's resignation is not accepted and while his continued work here as a mod is ultimately up to him, on behalf of the admins, I hope he decides to stay on.

2 - I appreciate the kind words I have received from Common Sense and The Man as well. I've read as many comments of yours in the past week as possible and frankly, I think you've crossed the line with personal attacks and baiting Goose with some posts, and others, not so much. I'm going to ask you guys to reflect on your role in this latest kerfluffle and think about what you may have done to exacerbate the situation and then stop doing that.

Look, as I have stated previously, I see this board as kind of an on-line coffee shop where everyone can stop in, grab a cup and have pleasent conversation, even when we don't all see eye to eye on a particular topic or issue. With that vision in mind, let's remember that none of us would go into an actual coffee shop and get into these these little whizzing contests with one another. We'd all act civilized and go on our way. Let's have that same philosophy here as well, ok?

3 - Personally, this whole thing isn't fun for me. I'd rather spend time on the board catching up on the news, or throwing my two cents in on a debate than trying to referee on-line arguments. Let's all try and do a little better alright?

4 - This is for the moderating staff - If I close a topic, DO NOT REOPEN IT TO POST A RESPONSE! That stuff will get ya banned.

That's it. Let's try and have a better week, ya'll. 

Thanks.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/04/2015 8:38 am  #2

Re: Happy Monday

Thank you, Lager. What you have written makes sense.

Let's try to make a fresh start here. I have taken to heart Lager's input and promise to force myself to be very sparing in the deletion of posts, and to lead by example with my behavior.

But, I need the help of other posters. If I ask you to get back on topic, or to tone down the language, please take that advice to heart. Too often the response is a retort about some real or imaged slight you receved in the past, or some retort about the behavior of other people. You have to make a commitment to actually hear the input from the moderator.

The internet is an odd thing. We converse with each other, but it isn't "real". As lager points out we would never talk to a person we were sitting eye to eye with in such a manner.
Please, please please, read the guidelines on tone in writing that I have posted elsewhere. I can cut and paste it here if you like.

And, you have to let go of old fights if we are to move on. All of us, myself included must.

One technical matter, Lager. If a thread is closed, I can still click "Quote" or "reply" and it will let me post without me first "Unclosing" the thread. I just did it on one of the threads in this section. I didn't noticed that the thread was closed until after it took my post, so I deleted it.

OK, so, two technical matters. Sometimes if I push "quote" to respond to a post it actually does not generate a new post, but comes off as an edit of the original post. I have to be careful to not type above
the final ] or this seems to happen. Anybody else have this happen?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera