The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



5/01/2015 2:47 pm  #1


Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Read the story here:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-character-counts-in-first-round-as-several-top-draft-prospects-plummet-20150501-story.html


Timber. That was the sound of some tall trees falling in a hurry in the NFL draft as several top draft prospects plummeted due to character questions.

Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory fell out of the first round altogether after testing positive for marijuana at the NFL scouting combine and facing other lingering questions about his personality.LSU offensive tackle La'el Collins may go undrafted completely as police want to interview him in connection with a murder investigation of a pregnant woman who was his former girlfriend. Although Louisiana police say he's not a suspect in the crime, the specter of having an employee embroiled in a legal situation caused NFL teams to avoid him
 

Last edited by Common Sense (5/01/2015 2:48 pm)


When angry, count ten before you speak, if very angry, an hundred.
 Thomas Jefferson

 
 

5/01/2015 10:05 pm  #2


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

That was funny. What NFL draft was the Sun watching?


Jameis Winston to Bucs with No. 1 pick

After months of intensive research, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers used the first overall draft pick Thursday night on Jameis Winston, who is hoping to "gain everyone's trust" despite his checkered past.

The Bucs drafted Winston to be their long-awaited franchise quarterback, an indication they don't believe a series of off-field incidents at Florida State will be a precursor to future behavior.


Winston's off-the-field incidents—which include an alleged rape in 2012, shoplifting, and behavior that drew a full-game suspension—raised concern among the teams who might draft him

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12795735/jameis-winston-selected-tampa-bay-buccaneers-no-1-overall-pick-nfl-draft

 


"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
 

5/02/2015 7:14 am  #3


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

The article says several NFL draft prospects plummet, not all NFL draft prospects plummet.  I'm not worried about Winston though, he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

 

5/02/2015 7:21 am  #4


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

I didn't claim that it was every pick.


 

Last edited by Goose (5/02/2015 9:40 am)


"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
 

5/02/2015 7:30 am  #5


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Goose wrote:

The headline says Character Counts in First Round

I disagree.

I'm relieved that you aren't "worried" about Winston, whatever that means.
 

 
No, it says 'Character Counts in First Round as Several NFL Draft Prospects Plummet', and they did.

With Winston, I mean that I'm not worried about his character being a problem in the NFL, because he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

 

5/02/2015 9:44 am  #6


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Moderator's note.
I have deleted some posts from this thread, some of them were my own, because they amounted to no more than off topic bickering.

My apologies to Commonsense for his thread being derailed.
Will try to do better in the future.


"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
 

5/02/2015 10:21 am  #7


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Goose wrote:

Moderator's note.
I have deleted some posts from this thread, some of them were my own, because they amounted to no more than off topic bickering.

My apologies to Commonsense for his thread being derailed.
Will try to do better in the future.

 
There you go Goose, now you're getting it! I mean that sincerely, that's a good example of moderating correctly.

 

5/03/2015 3:56 pm  #8


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Moderator's note.
I have deleted some posts from this thread, some of them were my own, because they amounted to no more than off topic bickering.

My apologies to Commonsense for his thread being derailed.
Will try to do better in the future.

 
There you go Goose, now you're getting it! I mean that sincerely, that's a good example of moderating correctly.

Don't be condescending.
(That's when you talk down to people.)
 


"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
 

5/03/2015 4:12 pm  #9


Re: Character counts in first round as several NFL draft prospects plummet

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Moderator's note.
I have deleted some posts from this thread, some of them were my own, because they amounted to no more than off topic bickering.

My apologies to Commonsense for his thread being derailed.
Will try to do better in the future.

 
There you go Goose, now you're getting it! I mean that sincerely, that's a good example of moderating correctly.

Don't be condescending.
(That's when you talk down to people.)
 

 
I gave you a compliment.  Read it again.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum