The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 2:57 pm  #1

Where Did They Find This Guy?

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) on Wednesday compared the influx of migrants at the southern border to the D-Day invasion from World War II.

The Louisiana Republican sought to put the threat of illegal immigration into context during a House Homeland Security Committee hearing with Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen when he invoked the June 1944 Allied invasion of Western Europe.

“Let me just put this in context for the American people,” Higgins said. “Perhaps the most famous invasion in the history of the world — D-Day — 73,000 American troops landed in the D-Day invasion. We have 76,103, according to my numbers, apprehensions along our southern border last month.”

"We have D-Day every month on our southern border,” he added.

Last edited by Just Fred (3/06/2019 3:01 pm)

3/07/2019 5:31 am  #2

Re: Where Did They Find This Guy?

It's the 'Say Anything' age of the GOP.
Obviously they have no respect for- or fear of - the intellectual abilities of their base.

Last edited by Goose (3/07/2019 5:32 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/07/2019 11:40 am  #3

Re: Where Did They Find This Guy?

.....they have no respect for- or fear of - the intellectual abilities of their base.

And, people wonder why I advocate free post secondary education tuition for anyone with the ability, desire, and work-ethic.  A democracy can't sustain itself without an educated and informed population.

Then again, maybe the current edition of the R-Tribe knows that.

Board footera