The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2018 6:01 am  #1

Trump, Pence miss Veterans Day observance at Arlington Cemetery

Was it Raining?
(FYI, the President DID have time to write 9 tweets yesterday)

Trump, Pence miss Veterans Day observance at Arlington Cemetery

President Trump is spending Monday at the White House and had no plans to visit Arlington National Cemetery in northern Virginia as America observes the Veterans Day holiday.

The White House announced a so-called travel lid at 10 a.m. ET, meaning that the president is not expected to hold any public events or leave the executive mansion.

Trump returned to Washington on Sunday evening after a weekend in France, where he attended events commemorating the 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I. The president paid tribute earlier in the day to U.S. and allied soldiers killed in the so-called "war to end all wars."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pence-miss-veterans-day-observance-at-arlington-cemetery

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/13/2018 7:34 am  #2

Re: Trump, Pence miss Veterans Day observance at Arlington Cemetery

Both Trump and Pence took a knee. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/13/2018 9:11 am  #3

He's also saying that Florida should ignore the ballots cast from troops stationed overseas.

Last edited by Just Fred (11/13/2018 9:11 am)

11/13/2018 2:08 pm  #4

President bone spurs also was a no-show for Veterans Day commemoration at Arlington National Cemetary on Monday, March 12, 2018. Instead, Trump stayed holed up in the White House tweeting about cheating in elections and degrading his perceived “enemies”.

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/11/12/white-house-just-announced-trump-wont-be-attending-veterans-day-memorial-at-arlington-cemetery/

11/13/2018 4:28 pm  #5

I'm sure you meant November 12, not March 12.  Anyway, the military, including those currently serving and those who have fallen, are merely political props for him.  From what I've heard, he didn't even visit Walter Reed Hospital.

11/13/2018 4:48 pm  #6

Did you see that the French embassy sent soldiers to Arlington to honor our veterans?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/13/2018 5:54 pm  #7

And who should be ashamed?

11/13/2018 6:27 pm  #8

Trump is NO Commander-in-Chief !! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/13/2018 7:19 pm  #9

Just Fred wrote:

I'm sure you meant November 12, not March 12.  Anyway, the military, including those currently serving and those who have fallen, are merely political props for him.  From what I've heard, he didn't even visit Walter Reed Hospital.

You are correct Fred. I was counting on Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kellyanne to provide the explanation for that error.

Board footera