The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2018 7:46 am  #1

Republican Official Resigns After Calling NFL Players 'Baboons'

P.A. Republican County Official Resigns After Calling NFL Players 'Baboons' on Facebook: Reports

DIANE HERBST 

August 31, 2018 03:46 PM

A Republican county official in Pennsylvania has resigned after posting a racist Facebook rant last year in which she called African American NFL players “baboons” and “over paid ignorant blacks” while suggesting they return to Africa, according to screenshots of the posts published by BeaverCountian.com.

Carla Maloney, the Beaver County Republican Committee’s secretary and elected member, allegedly wrote the posts last year in reaction to some players kneeling or remaining in the locker room during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial injustice, reported The Beaver County Times.

“Tired of these over paid ignorant blacks telling me what I should believe in. I will tell you what I believe in and that is our Flag the National Anthem and America period end of story,” Maloney allegedly wrote, according to the screenshots shared by BeaverCountian.com. “You don’t like it here go to Africa see how you like it there,” she allegedly continued. “We are all Americans not African American not Hispanic American. WE ARE ALL AMERICAN.”

An hour after the first Facebook post, Maloney allegedly followed up her comments with another, writing, “What we have in this country right now is reverse racism. I am so sick of the name calling, rioting, shooting, and looting. I don’t know when but there will be another civil war in this country soon than later.”

Maloney posted the comments under the name Carla Belich Fueller, but legally changed her name to Carla Maloney in 2015, BeaverCountian.com reported.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/02/2018 10:19 am  #2

Re: Republican Official Resigns After Calling NFL Players 'Baboons'

Seems to be too typical of the current open racist culture that has emerged in the GOP. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera