The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2018 1:40 pm  #1

Trump Calls His Own Recorded Interview 'Fake News'

President Trump Called The Sun "Fake News". But The Tabloid Quoted Him Accurately.

The president called the Murdoch tabloid's on-the-record, recorded interview "fake news".

US president Donald Trump has labelled Murdoch tabloid the Sun "fake news" for its publication of an exclusive interview, despite the newspaper conducting the interview on the record and accurately quoting him.

In a press conference alongside Theresa May at Chequers on Friday, Trump tried to contain the fallout after his comments criticising the prime minister's proposed Brexit deal, which had run in Friday's edition of the newspaper.

"I didn’t criticise the prime minister," Trump said.

"I have a lot of respect for the prime minister and unfortunately there was a story that was done and it was generally fine but it didn’t put in what I said about the prime minister.

"I said tremendous things. Fortunately we tend to record stories now so we have it, so we can have it for your enjoyment if you’d like it.

"We record when we deal with reporters – it’s called 'fake news'."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/president-trump-called-the-sun-fake-news-but-the-tabloid?utm_term=.kbGN26EY9#.qt8rOK376

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/13/2018 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Trump Calls His Own Recorded Interview 'Fake News'

Trump stabbed the Prime Minister and doesn't have the balls to own his remarks.
Coward.

Last edited by Goose (7/13/2018 1:42 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/13/2018 6:05 pm  #3

There is an explanation .... he is NUTS ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/13/2018 6:07 pm  #4

So, let me get this straight:  Trump says something, what he said is reported by the media, and Trump calls it fake news.  So what is it? Either Trump is fake or the reporting what he said is fake.

God help us.

Board footera