The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2018 7:45 am  #1

Sleep Well!

“There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.,,,,,,,,,
sleep well tonight!"

-Donald Trump, June 13, 2018

June 29, 2018

North Korea has increased nuclear production at secret sites, say U.S. officials

"Work is ongoing to deceive us on the number of facilities, the number of weapons, the number of missiles," said one U.S. official.

WASHINGTON — U.S. intelligence agencies believe that North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months — and that Kim Jong Un may try to hide those facilities as he seeks more concessions in nuclear talks with the Trump administration, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The intelligence assessment, which has not previously been reported, seems to counter the sentiments expressed by President Donald Trump, who tweeted after his historic June 12 summit with Kim that "there was no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korea-has-increased-nuclear-production-secret-sites-say-u-n887926

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/01/2018 10:10 am  #2

Re: Sleep Well!

Gee, who could have predicted this?  Stay tuned, Fox News will be all over it.

7/01/2018 10:23 am  #3

Just Fred wrote:

Gee, who could have predicted this?  Stay tuned, Fox News will be all over it.

Strangely, when I visited the Fox site just now, I could not find this story.

So, At the top of the Fox page I entered "North Korea" into their page's search engine.

The most recent article about North Korea on the Fox site - and I'm NOT making this up - appears to be a June 26th piece entitled,,,,,, North Korea: A Surfer's paradise?.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5799852045001/?#sp=show-clips

Let that sink in.  I'd wager that the average Trump vote doesn't even know that NK is already violating the 'agreement' .
The mission to forget Korea is well under way.
There is more gold to be mined in trashing Maxine Waters

Last edited by Goose (7/01/2018 10:27 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/02/2018 3:07 pm  #4

7/03/2018 8:26 am  #5

Today's Tweet.

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!

Hey, I am pleased that we are not now at war with North Korea. But let's be honest. The only thing that changed is Trump's rhetoric. He threatened war. He stopped threatening war. And now he brags that he prevented a war.

Observe how Trump moved the goalposts.
'Success' was once defined as the verifiable denuclearization of North Korea.
Now, success is defined as 8 months without a new missile test.

Look, Donald Trump has decided to allow NK to carry on its nuclear program and simply tell the public that everything is fine rather than admit that his “deal” was a sham.

Last edited by Goose (7/03/2018 8:26 am)

Board footera