The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2018 6:38 am  #1

Pat Robertson: I’m Being Dominated By Homosexuals

Pat Robertson: I’m Being Dominated By Homosexuals

Pat Robertson said on The 700 Club today that homosexuals have taken over the media and universities, drowning out voices like his that oppose civil rights and basic decency.

“We have given the ground to a small minority,” he said. “You figure, lesbians, one percent of the population; homosexuals, two percent of the population. That’s all. That’s statistically all. But they have dominated — dominated the media, they’ve dominated the cultural shift and they have infiltrated the major universities. It’s just unbelievable what’s being done. A tiny, tiny minority makes a huge difference. The majority — it’s time it wakes up.”

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/04/03/pat-robertson-im-being-dominated-by-homosexuals/#vo1c9mqcjB6TvMzC.99

We can only hope that one day this reign of terror by the tiny minority will end.

Yes, maybe one day, if those in the Christian majority get their act together, Christians will be able to openly practice their faith.
Maybe their churches will, one day, be free from taxes.
Maybe, one day, the birth of their savior will be a federal Holiday.
Then Christians will finally be able to hold public office.
Or get their own TV networks.
Or start their own universities.

Keep dreaming, Pat.

Last edited by Goose (4/07/2018 6:39 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/07/2018 10:46 am  #2

Re: Pat Robertson: I’m Being Dominated By Homosexuals

FEAR is used by many for their own purposes ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/07/2018 11:22 am  #3

tennyson wrote:

FEAR is used by many for their own purposes ! 

The children's Winnie the Pooh movie Tigger and the Jagular explains it all.

Life is an Orthros.

4/07/2018 11:33 am  #4

Hey, Pat!  Maybe your voice isn't being drowned out ............ maybe you think it is because nobody is listening to you anymore.

4/07/2018 11:47 am  #5

Sadly, our evangelical Protestant friends have ceased being a religious movement. They are simply a political constituency with an agenda that, to a large extent, is focused on dominating the state in order to control the behaviors of people NOT affiliated with their religious beliefs.

You might call it Christian nationalism.
 It is an ideology that fuses Christians’ love of God and country. It hinges on the narrative that the United States has a special covenant with the Christian God.

This ideology has emerged at various times in U.S. history, but a distinct, aggressive iteration seems to have materialized in recent years. This ideology seeks to restore America’s identity as a “Christian nation” by leveraging Christians’ influence in the public sphere.

And along comes Trump who promises to do just that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/researchers-discover-common-thread-between-evangelicals-who-voted-for-trump_us_5abbd15ae4b04a59a313c5ea

Last edited by Goose (4/07/2018 1:43 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/07/2018 6:05 pm  #6

An excellent history (closing with its publication 40 years ago) of Protestant American Nationalism is titled Righteous Empire written by Martin Marty.

Life is an Orthros.

4/08/2018 5:51 am  #7

Tarnation wrote:

An excellent history (closing with its publication 40 years ago) of Protestant American Nationalism is titled Righteous Empire written by Martin Marty.

Thanks, Tarnation. It is possible to purchase this book from Amazon.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41sui3BYTUL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

Board footera