The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2018 7:48 am  #1

Going Back to the Well

Illegal border crossings are at a 45 year low. But that won't stop Trump from trying to whip up anti-immigrant hysteria.
Trumpism requires villains,,,, Mexicans, the press, Muslims,,,,,,,

Trump says 'our country is being stolen' due to illegal immigration

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Monday that "our country is being stolen" due to an influx of illegal immigration, blaming Democrats for weak border protection policies."Border Patrol Agents (and ICE) are GREAT, but the weak Dem laws don't allow them to do their job. Act now Congress, our country is being stolen!" Trump tweeted.

"Mexico has the absolute power not to let these large 'Caravans' of people enter their country," he said in another tweet. "They must stop them at their Northern Border, which they can do because their border laws work, not allow them to pass through into our country, which has no effective border laws."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/02/politics/trump-our-country-is-being-stolen-tweet/index.html

Last edited by Goose (4/02/2018 7:49 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/02/2018 8:18 am  #2

Re: Going Back to the Well

Trump and Lenin ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/02/2018 9:42 am  #3

I doubt, like many other things, that facts are relevant unless they support a predetermined position or view.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/02/2018 12:54 pm)

4/02/2018 11:59 am  #4

tennyson wrote:

Trump and Lenin ! 

I agree.
While it is tempting to write off Trump as woefully uninformed, in reality he is intentionally misleading his followers about one of the most consequential issues that he has to deal with.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/02/2018 1:04 pm  #5

Sometimes I wonder (when I sink into a cynical mood) that maybe an under-informed, misinformed or uneducated populace even deserves a democracy. 

Don't get me wrong, many people say they believe in democracy, but aren't willing to pay the price since it requires a bit of work or investment in time needed to actually participate.  An election rolls around and look at the number of people that vote vs the number that are eligible.

Board footera