The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2018 5:55 pm  #11

Re: If only law-abiding shoppers would have been packing heat at the mall

Brady Bunch wrote:

From other news reports, it appears the school resource officer (police officer), shot and contained the student who brought the gun to school.  Who knows how bad it would have been if not for his/her actions.

The SRO followed the training which I thought had become the national standard following Columbine of going toward the sound of the gun(s) and neutralizing the threat.

Apparently Coward County Flori-DUH is stuck in the pre-Columbine 90's.

Life is an Orthros.

3/21/2018 4:16 am  #12

Interesting that allegations are being made on conservative sites that the ‘MSM’ didn’t cover this story because it doesn’t fit the “liberal’ narrative, but instead has a good guy with a gun.

1. I read about the shooting on the CNN website. And a quick Google search finds the shooting - and the officer's actions reported on CNN, by the NYT, WP, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, BBC,NBC, CBS.

2. No ‘Liberals ‘ that I know of are against the presence of trained law enforcement officers at schools.

3. I thought it was too soon to bring politics into this.

Last edited by Goose (3/21/2018 4:44 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/21/2018 8:07 am  #13

I don't understand it, either.  Gun regulation should not be a political issue.  At some point people will have to come to the realization that weapon proliferation among the citizenry of a nation has ALOT to do with gun deaths.  The mental problems and disorders that exist in any population are universal .......... it's not like the USA has a higher rate of mental illness, evil-doers, psychological derangement, or mental disorders ................. but, if we did, all the more reason to  have tougher weapon regulation within the populace.

Last edited by Just Fred (3/21/2018 8:10 am)

3/22/2018 7:13 am  #14

Carrying a cell phone could be dangerous, too:

Police fired 20 shots at a suspect they wrongly believed was armed, then discovered the fatally-injured father-of-two was carrying only a cellphone.

Stephon Clark, 23, was killed Sunday night as police and Sacramento County sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call reporting that a man was smashing car windows.

The Sacramento Bee reported that Clark was shot in the backyard of his grandparents' house, where he'd been staying.

Last edited by Just Fred (3/22/2018 7:14 am)

3/22/2018 12:16 pm  #15

Just Fred wrote:

Carrying a cell phone could be dangerous, too:

Police fired 20 shots at a suspect they wrongly believed was armed, then discovered the fatally-injured father-of-two was carrying only a cellphone.

Stephon Clark, 23, was killed Sunday night as police and Sacramento County sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call reporting that a man was smashing car windows.

The Sacramento Bee reported that Clark was shot in the backyard of his grandparents' house, where he'd been staying.

He was guilty of standing in the yard while black.

No one will be convicted of any crime. Mark my words.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera