The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 4:25 pm  #11

Re: Will you Be Ashamed?

Donald J. Trump
Verified account
 @realDonaldTrump
 Feb 17

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!

79,360 replies 36,041 retweets 141,008 likes

The true awfulness of Trump is revealed in this tweet,,
suggesting that if the authorities lay off investigating him, then more children won’t die.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/20/2018 7:34 am  #12

They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud! - D Trump

Somebody needs to sit down with Trump and explain how the FBI is set up and how the organization works.

2/20/2018 8:37 am  #13

Trump is counting on his base NOT knowing how the FBI works

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/20/2018 9:06 am  #14

Trump is counting on his base NOT knowing how the FBI works.

I'm sure Fox News will dedicate a segment of tv programming to explain it their viewers.

2/20/2018 5:01 pm  #15

How’s this for being unresponsive, insensitive, lacking moral fortitude, and without empathy:

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/florida-house-votes-down-motion-to-take-up-weapons-ban-with-douglas-students-present

I hope those kids succeed, stimulate others, and show up to vote these bozos out of office.

2/20/2018 6:55 pm  #16

I hope those kids succeed, stimulate others, and show up to vote these bozos out of office.

Agreed.  And do it before they cash in and decide to retire.  I don't use the term 'hate' or 'despise' very often and, I'm an open-minded kind of guy, but these people gotta go.

3/09/2018 11:23 am  #17

I previously wrote to my state and federal legislators expressing my concern about mass shootings in the U.S. and, in light of the attack on the school in Parkland, what steps they were taking towards improving school safety and eliminating future mass shootings. To date, Pat Toomey, Scott Perry, and Scott Wagner have not responded.

The response I received today from my state representative Stan Saylor was a staggering case of stating irrelevant “actions” by our elected legislators claiming the “great concerns of the General Assembly and me”. In his answer Mr. Saylor touts Act 55 of 2017 passed by the General Assembly. That act “allows school entities to conduct one school security drill each school year in each school building in place of a monthly fire drill required by law”.

Mr. Saylor also referenced in his letter the “Safe Schools Targeted Grant Program”. That program makes funds available through an appropriations program “for funding for the training and compensation of school resource officers (SROs), school police officers, and security-related equipment. Applicants are eligible for a maximum individual grant of $60,000 for an SRO, $40,000 for a school police officer, and $25,000 for an individual targeted grant.”

So, our state legislators believe the solution to the problem is a yearly school security drill and some money to put an armed individual in the school with a little extra money for “security related equipment” (more firearms?). Where is the money or programs for more stringent background checks, information sharing about individuals purchasing weapons, limiting the sale of semi-automatic weapons and high capacity magazines, where are the meetings with security experts, school administrators, mental health professionals, law enforcement and parents & students to discuss relevant solutions?

The two weak actions taken by our state representatives as a result of their investigation demonstrates their lack of interest, inability to tackle tough issues, and failure to take definitive actions that may lead to some solutions to this scourge of mass shootings in the U.S. It is up to the voters to take this into consideration when they step into the voting booth when these bozos are up for re-election.

3/09/2018 2:47 pm  #18

Pitiful

3/09/2018 5:22 pm  #19

I just received an answer from Senator Pat Toomey on my letter to him concerning mass shootings in our country. Mr. Toomey also expressed his concern about these horrific incidents saying: “Like many Americans, I believe that Congress can and should take steps to address the issue of gun violence.“

Mr. Toomey reminded me of his efforts along with Senator Manchin of WV to introduce a bill that would “improve and expand our firearm background check system in order to keep guns away from criminals, terrorists, and the dangerously mentally ill.” That bill was originally put forth in 2013, then again in 2014, then again in 2016, 2017,and lastly in 2018. Unfortunately, all those efforts that followed mass shootings ended up with absolutely no action by the senate. Either Mr. Toomey and Mr. Manchin don’t have the horsepower, the initiative, the influence, or the interest in garnering more support and pursuing the bill to result in some real action with their senate colleagues, or they just introduce the bill following each mass shooting to provide themselves with some press coverage about their empathetic concern for the victims.

Mr. Toomey also touted the recently televised dog & pony show with the president: “On February 28, 2018, I participated in a productive White House meeting with President Trump and a bipartisan group of legislators.” Unfortunately, no agreement, no action, and no clear path forward towards solving our national mass shooting dilemma has resulted from this photo op, so from my perspective it wasn’t that “productive”. I don’t expect anything to happen regarding Manchin-Toomey prior to the senate spring break—I hope they all have fun away from their jobs. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the next mass shooting before they address this issue again.

I’ll give Toomey a little credit for trying. I just wish he’d try harder. In the concluding paragraph of his response he stated: “We must work together to forge a bipartisan together to forge a bipartisan consensus on gun safety, rather than talk past one another with partisan rhetoric.” Yes, that is an exact quote. I’m not sure what he’s trying to say, but it was clear as mud, but it covered de groun’. If he is that clear and concise when presenting bills to his colleagues in the senate, I can understand why he can’t get his bill to the floor and gain the support of other senators.

Once again, talk is cheap. What we need is action on this issue. Mr. Toomey has not provided that needed action.

Last edited by Rongone (3/09/2018 5:24 pm)

Board footera