The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2018 4:35 pm  #1

My Defense? I'm Stupid

“I had no idea who he was,”
Rep. Matt Gaetz

Yea, if I were a Congressman I would invite people I know nothing about to the state of the union.
This was no accident.
Own your bigotry, Congressman. 

Why a Florida congressman invited a notorious alt-right troll to SOTU

His Florida colleagues invited hurricane survivors, and the family of a hostage in Iran. Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz, however, invited a far more inflammatory guest to the State of the Union address: Chuck Johnson, a alt-right troll who’s been banned from Twitter and accused of Holocaust denying and white nationalism.

“I had no idea who he was,” Gaetz said Wednesday, disavowing some of the racist views attributed to Johnson, which the congressman said he learned of after they met earlier this week.

But even after Gaetz found out just how controversial Johnson was — the Capitol Police had flagged the name and called Gaetz to inquire about Johnson in a mysterious unrelated matter — the first-term congressman decided not to pull his ticket to President Trump’s speech.

The two have similar libertarian views on cryptocurrencies and marijuana, Gaetz said. A provocative and increasingly ubiquitous cable news guest, Gaetz has become a leading House voice criticizing the federal investigation into President Trump.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/31/gaetz-florida-right-wing-troll-380577

Last edited by Goose (2/04/2018 4:37 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/05/2018 9:53 am  #2

Re: My Defense? I'm Stupid

Ok, so I suppose he told a staffer to get a phone book, cut it up, and put a bunch of names in a hat so he could randomly pick somebody to be his guest.

2/05/2018 2:12 pm  #3

Re: My Defense? I'm Stupid

Vetted by the same people that vetted many in the Trump Admin. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera