The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2018 12:38 pm  #1

Franklin Graham Doesn't Understand How Elections Work

I wonder if Pastor Graham thinks that God Chose Barack Obama as well.

Don Lemon Slams Franklin Graham's Defense of Trump

Graham also said God chose Trump to be president. “I believe Donald Trump is a good man,” he said. “He did everything wrong as a candidate and he won, and I don't understand it. Other than I think God put him there.”

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2018/1/24/don-lemon-slams-franklin-grahams-defense-trump

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/25/2018 4:54 pm  #2

Re: Franklin Graham Doesn't Understand How Elections Work

Oh, Brother is all I can say to that reasoning !! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/26/2018 9:19 pm  #3

“He did everything wrong as a candidate and he won, and I don't understand it. Other than I think God put him there.”

No, Pastor Graham.  God would probably have gone with the majority of the voters.

1/27/2018 12:25 am  #4

Careful, Fred.

Far be if for me to dare to presume to know the mind of the Lord; but I doubt that He sided with the majority of the voters in the 1930's election for Chancellor in Germany.   After all, it was a supermajority which clamorred for Barabbas.

Life is an Orthros.

1/27/2018 6:59 am  #5

My kingdom is not of this world

The Good Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, who educated me, would be appalled at someone claiming that God had inserted their candidate into office.
That sort of arrogance is dangerous.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera