The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2018 10:14 am  #1

Fact-Checking the Fake News Awards

Apparently Trump can't distinguish between opinions and news.  Here's an example:

“1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.”

Krugman, of course, is a columnist. So it’s a bit odd to feature an opinion as fake news when it’s not really news, just opinion. (We don’t fact-check opinions at The Fact Checker.) Krugman wrote: “We are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.”

Clearly that prediction has not happened. So Krugman looks like he has egg on his face. But it turns out he
retracted the prediction just three days later. “It’s at least possible that bigger budget deficits will, if anything, strengthen the economy briefly,” he wrote.

Here's more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/17/fact-checking-president-trumps-fake-news-awards/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_factcheck-fakenews-1050pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&tid=a_mcntx&utm_term=.80f619c1f03e

Last edited by Just Fred (1/18/2018 10:18 am)

1/18/2018 10:22 am  #2

Re: Fact-Checking the Fake News Awards

I completely missed the Fake News Awards. 

I'd like to think Sean Hannity won the William Randolph Hearst Lifetime Achievement Award. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/19/2018 11:35 am  #3

Re: Fact-Checking the Fake News Awards

Glad to see that the President obviously has lots of time on his hands. Must be no pressing matters of state at hand.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera