The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2017 6:31 am  #1

This is What Republicans Think of You

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,”
Republican Senator Chuck Grassley

GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren’t Millionaires Waste Money On ‘Booze, Women’
That’s why the richest deserve a break on estate taxes, says Chuck Grassley.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/grassley-estate-taxes-booze-women_us_5a247d89e4b03c44072e5a04

Republican Senator Orrin Hatch:
"The public wants every dime they can be given,"  "Let's face it, once you get them on the dole, they'll take every dime they can."

Last edited by Goose (12/04/2017 6:31 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/04/2017 7:26 am  #2

Re: This is What Republicans Think of You

Mr Grassley seems to forget that he and our Congress spend every last dime they are given and then put the rest on the tab. In terms of fiscal discipline this is just the pot calling the kettle black. 

As far as Mr Hatch is concerned, a lot of people look at our Congressmen being on the dole and taking ever dime they can as well. As a career politician Hatch has little room to criticize. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/04/2017 12:40 pm  #3

Re: This is What Republicans Think of You

So . . . I guess that means that Chuck will be turning down the invitation I sent to him to accompany me and some friends for a night out at the Kit Kat Klub in Meridian, Idaho over the holiday.

Yeah . . . there are really strip clubs with bars in Idaho.

Board footera