The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2017 11:21 am  #1

Here We Go Again

Ok, Obama wasn't born in USA.  Ok, Obama was born in the USA.  Apparently now he wasn't.  We've elected a real piece of work, haven't we?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-trump-revives-birther-claims-obama-article-1.3664296

11/29/2017 11:44 am  #2

Re: Here We Go Again

Yea, I don't know if it's a case of Trump starting to believe his own lies, or if he feels he needs to go back schtick that started it all for him, to gin up the base & distract from his disastrous record.
Interesting that this is happening at the same time that trump is retweeting anti-muslim stuff from some far-right British group.

I guess that the veil is off and he is comfortable openly courting racists.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/29/2017 4:20 pm  #3

He is really becoming unhinged ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/29/2017 7:16 pm  #4

He is really becoming unhinged ! 

That ship sailed during the primary campaign.

11/30/2017 7:52 am  #5

I don’t know.
He is definitely a narcissist.
But trump knows- like other authoritarians - that the masses can be distracted and controlled by spectacle.

That’s why there is a colosseum in Rome

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/30/2017 8:00 am  #6

.....masses can be distracted and controlled by spectacle.

That’s why there is a colosseum in Rome.

Exactly.  Great observation and point.  The Colosseum was built to entertain the masses.  We have a president who understands the importance of distraction and entertainment in controlling the masses.  As we saw in Rome and the Roman Empire, the whole thing crumbled from within, and it went unnoticed until it was too late.

Last edited by Just Fred (11/30/2017 8:56 am)

Board footera