The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2017 5:46 am  #1

He Promised a Wildcat, He Delivered a Purring Kitten

Trump takes a knee in Bejing.
What, this isn't what he promised on the campaign trail?

China knows how to deal with an idiot.
Throw him a parade and he's putty in your hands.

Idiots love a parade.  

Trump: 'I don't blame China' for taking advantage of US on trade

Beijing (CNN)President Donald Trump lavished praise on China for the very trade practices he once lambasted as unfair during a remarkable morning session in Beijing.

Emerging after two hours of talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping, Trump said he doesn't fault China for taking advantage of differences between the way the two countries do business.

"I don't blame China," Trump said during remarks to business leaders inside the Great Hall of the People. "After all, who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country for benefit of their citizens? I give China great credit."

Instead of pointing the finger at Beijing for exacerbating trade disputes, Trump blamed past US administrations "for allowing this trade deficit to take place and to grow."

It was a notable shift in tone from a President who was elected to office partly for his tough talk on holding other countries accountable for practices that disadvantage US workers. Even as he made the remarks, Trump sought to bolster his image as a hard-nosed negotiator, announcing $250 billion in agreements between US companies and China.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/donald-trump-xi-jinping-statement/index.html

Last edited by Goose (11/09/2017 6:01 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/09/2017 10:07 am  #2

Re: He Promised a Wildcat, He Delivered a Purring Kitten

Don't like Trump's position on something .... wait a few days ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera