The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2017 7:44 am  #1

Trump Warns China of "Warrior Nation" Japan

The President indulges in racial stereotypes of a nation and painful history to threaten China.
It's a hollow threat. The Japanese defensive forces have about 247,000 members, and pose no threat to China or NK.

US President Donald Trump on Thursday warned China that "warrior nation" Japan could take matters into its own hands if the threat posed by North Korea is not addressed.

Donald Trump's remarks come ahead of his first visit to Asia since taking office, with soaring tensions over North Korea's nuclear and missile programs expected to take center stage.

"Japan is a warrior nation, and I tell China and I tell everyone else that listens, I mean, you're gonna have yourself a big problem with Japan pretty soon if you allow this to continue with North Korea," Mr Trump said on Fox News.

But Mr Trump also said President Xi Jinping has been "pretty terrific" on North Korea and "China is helping us".

After a chiding from Mr Trump for failing to rein in Kim, China has implemented tougher UN sanctions against North Korea and Mr Xi's relationship with the US leader appears to be warming.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/03/trump-warns-china-japan-may-take-action-north-korea-threat

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera