The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2017 7:26 am  #1

Somebody Help Me!!!!

I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent, critically thinking human being, but for the life of me just what the hell is going on with the ACA and the newly introduced Trumpcare.  The president told us Obamacare is over. Ok fine, but now what is going on?

Can somebody give me the 'Cliff Notes' version about where we are on this mess?  Begin with the victory beer party with congress on the lawn of  the White House several months ago.  Thanks.

10/18/2017 7:36 am  #2

Re: Somebody Help Me!!!!

Trump is desperate to revoke anything that has obama attached to it.
There is no plan in place beyond wrecking the ACA.
Trump doesn't care that there is actual medical care to real people involved

Last edited by Goose (10/18/2017 7:45 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/18/2017 8:40 am  #3

The Trump administration (basically Trump himself giving new meaning to the term “bully pulpit”) has failed miserably in his campaign pledge to repeal & replace Obamacare (much like his promise to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it).

So, since he has been unable to actually develop any kind of reasonable substitute or effort to improve upon the ACA (mostly because of his lack of understanding and leadership), he has decided to just punt the ball and blame congress for all of his failures.

Granted, the totally biased and fragmented groups in the senate and the house don’t set a precedent for actually getting things done “for the American people” through cooperation, collaboration and compromise, Trump’s lack of leadership skills only adds to the chaos. Trump is more interested in obliterating the name Obama from the annals of history (remember, Obama wasn’t born in the U.S. and should never have been president) than actually proposing meaningful legislation and taking on the hard work necessary to get that legislation passed.

So, from my perspective, Trump feels that his best strategy when it comes to healthcare is to throw up his hands in dismay, push the responsibility elsewhere, take no personal responsibility for what’s going on, continue to talk about what a disaster Obamacare is, blame congress for not dismantling the ACA, and then take credit for whatever policy comes out of this mess ( if it works). Kind of like him taking credit for the latest rise in the stock market and the military victory in Raqqa, Iraq.

The guy has no clue about what the job of president entails. He can’t wait for the weekend so he can fly in Air Force 1 to one of his golf resorts, play a couple rounds with one of his minions who will rave about what a great golfer Trump is (narcissists really love to have praise heaped upon them), and not worry about what is really going on in the world. Again, what can we expect from a reality show host, sideshow barker, snake oil salesman that we elected president. We get the government we deserve.

10/18/2017 9:30 am  #4

It's not just healthcare. The ACA, the Paris Accord, Coal, Clean air, National Parks, Science, gay rights,,,,,, There is no reason driving it, just a sense of grievance.

The entire Trump Presidency is an exercise in social revenge.

Last edited by Goose (10/18/2017 9:33 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/18/2017 12:00 pm  #5

The 3-Ring Circus known otherwise as the Trump Presidency ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/18/2017 2:30 pm  #6

God, do I wish I were back in Florence.  Sigh.

10/18/2017 3:04 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

God, do I wish I were back in Florence.  Sigh.

Unfortunately even with that, Trump is still the President. Might want to just turn off the TV and Internet news for another 3 years or so. 

I agree that it is kind of maddening to see some of the idiot things that are being said and done. It pretty much seems like we are watching a Reality Show rather than the President of the United States and his ramblings (I am being kind with that assessment). 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera