The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2017 10:01 am  #21

Re: FBI Reviews Allegations Of Puerto Rican Officials Withholding Hurrican

I agree you can tell by who is running the story whether there is a concerted effort to get certain viewpoint out.  The sites that ran the story are anti-Dems/pro-Trump.  It just seems to me this story seems to be more on the Pro-Trump side, I don't really see the anti-Dem side in the story.

It is clear you, Goose, Rongone and Just Fred are no fans of Trump.  Guess who also is no fan of Trump?  Me.  I said it back during the primary and the general election that he was not a good candidate and I openly hoped he would have been removed at the convention.  

10/14/2017 10:03 am  #22

I think (my opinion here) is that Donald Trump is neither a Democrat nor a Republican.  I see Trump much differently ............. authoritarians like Donald Trump simply play the game and go with a the political tribe du jour to get what they want.

The problem for me is there Republican and Democrat tribal members who simply root for person because there's an 'R' or a 'D' after their name, even if knowing nothing about the person themselves.  For example, Joe Blow is running for office in West Undershirt, Nebraska.  Once we find out if Joe has an 'R' or 'D' after his name, people who know nothing about the guy will cheer or boo him merely because he is or isn't a member of the team they joined.  Politics has turned into a team sport.  That ain't helping to make America great again.

Like Rongone, I always have been and will remain Independent.  I wish everyone was.

10/14/2017 10:12 am  #23

I googled FBI Reviews Allegations Of Puerto Rican Officials.

The first sites that came up are:

Daily Caller
Fox
Infowars
Dailywire
Topix
Yahoo finance
Lunatic outpost
peoplestrust toronto
The Epoch Times

I mean, I went through 3 pages of results and never even saw the Wall Street Journal cover it.
And, it really isn't much of a story as yet.. The FBI received some allegations.
No other details yet.

The fact that predominately conservative outlets ran with a story before anybody as close to the political middle as even the WSJ leads me to believe that there is an agenda.
Namely, to feed the Trump narrative that if hurrican recovery comes up short in any way, it's all the fault of the PR people themselves, and not of The Dear Leader.

Last edited by Goose (10/14/2017 10:17 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera