The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2017 2:09 pm  #1

What's So bad About Girls?

On the Fox News Website:

Eagle Scout: RIP Boy Scouts of America. You were great for 100 years

We all knew this was coming. The Boy Scouts of America stood for over a century on its strong foundation of Judeo-Christian values, growing boys into young men, and young men into leaders.  However, in recent years the BSA has allowed cracks to form in that foundation.

From the lifting of the ban on openly gay boys from joining the organization, to the sanctioning of openly gay adult leaders, to the encouragement of so-called “transgendered” boys to join, the BSA’s moral foundation has been rapidly and steadily eroding into dust.

As soon as the BSA changed the definition of the phrase “morally straight” in the generations-old Scout Oath back in 2013, allowing for homosexual membership, we all knew that this first compromise would not be the last.  We all knew that it was only a matter of time before the BSA compromised itself into oblivion.

That day has now arrived.

From the BSA’s website:

"Today, the Boy Scouts of America Board of Directors unanimously approved to welcome girls into its iconic Cub Scout program and to deliver a Scouting program for older girls that will enable them to advance and earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout."
This is what the Left does best:  target and destroy everything good in America

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/12/eagle-scout-rip-boy-scouts-america-were-great-for-100-years.html

Huh?
Could someone please explain to me,,, no, explain to my daughters,,,,, how allowing them to participate in Scouting compromises "Judeo-Christian Values"?

And,,,,, while you are at it, explain to them how their participation "destroys all that is good in America."

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/13/2017 2:12 pm  #2

Re: What's So bad About Girls?

It's called Girl Scouts........ Remember girl scout cookies! 

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

10/13/2017 2:15 pm  #3

Common Sense wrote:

It's called Girl Scouts........ Remember girl scout cookies! 

Thank you. Having been alive in America for the past 57 years I am aware of the existence of the GSA.
Now, can you please answer the questions posed?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/13/2017 2:44 pm  #4

Let me put this whole controversy into my "Give-a-Shit-o-Meter" ................... Ooooops, it didn't register.

Solution: Let's dissolve the 'boy' scouts and the 'girl' scouts, combine the whole thing into something labeled the 'Scouts' and be done with it. 

Honestly, some of the peripheral bullshit some people get their knickers knotted over blows my mind.

Last edited by Just Fred (10/13/2017 2:45 pm)

10/13/2017 2:55 pm  #5

Just Fred wrote:

Let me put this whole controversy into my "Give-a-Shit-o-Meter" ................... Ooooops, it didn't register.

Solution: Let's dissolve the 'boy' scouts and the 'girl' scouts, combine the whole thing into something labeled the 'Scouts' and be done with it. 

Honestly, some of the peripheral bullshit some people get their knickers knotted over blows my mind.

Agreed. I would place this thing on my list of things to care about one slot above "Eric."

A note to the author:
If you believe that there are advantages to be had in keeping these organizations single-sex, please explain them. I'm all ears.

Just spare me the culture wars crap about how the left wants to destroy everything good about america, and don't wrap yourself in the flag of Judeo-Christian values. There is nothing inferior or anti-christian about girls joining up.

Last edited by Goose (10/13/2017 2:56 pm)

Board footera