The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2017 8:07 am  #1

Secret Service nearing spending limit for protecting Trump: report

When the POTUS is constantly traveling to his golf courses, it entails extra spending.

I wonder IF he will cut his own budget for the Secret Service. I am thinking NOT ! 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347308-secret-service-nearing-maximum-spending-limit-for-protecting-trump

Last edited by tennyson (8/21/2017 8:07 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/21/2017 11:00 am  #2

Re: Secret Service nearing spending limit for protecting Trump: report

Gosh, what a shame.

Now, in the name of good government and fiscal solvency, will Trump be hiding in a closet until the next budget is passed?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

8/21/2017 11:50 am  #3

Some may dismiss this as "trump hating", but I disagree.
Trump's spending is significantly higher that that spent on previous presidents.
It is a quantifiable thing. You can measure it.

A lot of young men in women in uniform make great sacrifices in order to serve.
Trump wants a lot of other americans to deal with budget cuts to agencies that protect them.

I think that Trump might want to set an example by reining in his lifestyle a bit while he serves his nation these next 3 years.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/21/2017 2:48 pm  #4

Trump’s clubs charge $60K to rent carts to Secret Service as agency runs out of money

I am sure this is NOT the half of it !! 

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-clubs-charge-60k-to-rent-carts-to-secret-service-as-agency-runs-out-of-money-2017-08-21

Last edited by tennyson (8/21/2017 2:48 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/21/2017 3:15 pm  #5

Can't wait for the Trump supporters to piss and moan about the next president blowing money on stupid crap like this.

Board footera