The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2017 6:22 am  #1

I Would Not Call Him an Expert

The Next to Go?

Sebastian Gorka's PhD adviser: "I would not call him an expert in terrorism"

(CNN)

As a deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, Sebastian Gorka is often the public face of the administration when it comes to one of the most critical items on the President's agenda: Combating terrorism.

Gorka, a British-accented tough-talker who until Friday served under now-fired White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, considers himself an expert on the topic.

But that opinion is not shared by a dozen international security experts and scholars interviewed by CNN, including a professor who advised Gorka on his PhD dissertation and considers him a friend.

"I would not call him an expert on terrorism," said Stephen Sloan, a retired professor of political science who spent much of his career at the University of Oklahoma. Though he said Gorka is "knowledgeable" about terrorism matters, "his level of expertise does not match the level where he stands in the White House."

Sloan said Gorka "does a very good job being the bulldog, if you will, for the administration ... but as an adviser, I have some discomfort."

It's Gorka's ability to do battle with journalists, sources say, that has kept him in good standing with the President and out in front of the cameras. But beyond being a spokesman on national security matters, his duties at the White House remain unclear.

After Bannon's ouster Friday, two sources close to the White House told CNN that Gorka was being eyed for dismissal.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/19/2017 7:11 am  #2

Re: I Would Not Call Him an Expert

ANOTHER one that HAS TO GO ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/19/2017 7:57 am  #3

He was on my "You're Fired" radar, too.

Here's the funny part ............ every time Trump appoints someone to a position, he tells us the person is 'tremendous'.  I take that as the kiss of death for whoever he's talking about.  That's why I've been pretty accurate in my predictions, and that's the barometer I was using.

8/20/2017 10:34 am  #4

Maybe when all of the amateurs are gone, we can at least get some basic competence, or at least sanity.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/20/2017 11:38 am  #5

Goose wrote:

Maybe when all of the amateurs are gone, we can at least get some basic competence, or at least sanity.

I believe Kelly is trying his darndest to "right the ship", but it is NOT going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination especially when the man at the top is so erratic. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/20/2017 11:39 am  #6

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

I believe Kelly is trying his darndest to "right the ship", but it is NOT going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination especially when the man at the top is so erratic. 

True. In a very real sense, they keep firing the wrong guy.

8/26/2017 6:57 am  #7

Well, another one bites the dust.

The only amateurs left are Stephen Miller, Ivanka, Jared, and the President himself.

Last edited by Goose (8/26/2017 7:00 am)

Board footera