The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2017 2:53 pm  #1

This is Sad

Mixing politics with religion cheapens both.
Jerry Falwell R, basically violates the 1st commandment in putting a vile man before his God.
What a disgrace.

Christian leader applauds Trump attack tweets: He's 'willing to speak his mind'

The president of Liberty University on Sunday defended President Trump's tweets going after his opponents.

"The left is melting down," Jerry Falwell Jr., a Trump supporter, said during an interview on Fox News.

"It's incredible to watch how they still haven't gotten over how Donald Trump won and when he hits them back on Twitter, I actually appreciate that."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340452-christian-leader-applauds-trump-attack-tweets-hes-willing-to-speak

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/03/2017 6:45 am  #2

Re: This is Sad

This is not about winning or losing but rather a POTUS who cannot control his emotions and keeps finding ways to even further disgrace the office of the President of the United States. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/03/2017 4:36 pm  #3

Who says Jerry Falwell is 'a man of God'? A leader of a Christian cult, maybe, but not a spokesperson for God.  Remember, Jesus was not a Christian.

7/03/2017 5:59 pm  #4

You have a point, Fred.

Jerry Falwell Jr. Calls Donald Trump The ‘Dream President’ For Evangelicals
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jerry-falwell-jr-dream-president-trump_us_5906950fe4b05c3976807a08

One has to note the irony.
When Jerry Falwell thinks of his dream president, he does not see Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Goose (7/03/2017 6:10 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/04/2017 10:12 am  #5

Goose wrote:

Jerry Falwell R, basically violates the 1st commandment in putting a vile man before his God.
What a disgrace.

The president of Liberty University on Sunday defended President Trump's tweets going after his opponents.

"The left is melting down," Jerry Falwell Jr., a Trump supporter, said during an interview on Fox News.

"It's incredible to watch how they still haven't gotten over how Donald Trump won and when he hits them back on Twitter, I actually appreciate that."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340452-christian-leader-applauds-trump-attack-tweets-hes-willing-to-speak

He is not violating anything. He is glad to see someone fight back against the hyper partisan media.
And to act like religion does not get involved in politics is a bit naive. It happens every Sunday. Just ask the democrats? 

Remember when Hillary visited the Black church and she used her southern accent?

Who brought politics to "Get your god on" ?

Last edited by Common Sense (7/04/2017 10:14 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

7/04/2017 11:05 am  #6

In comparing Trump and his predecessor Obama, one easily sees that Obama acted more Christ like than Trump in his response to those that criticized him. I know that is hard to take for people who are Trump supporters and profess to be Christians. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/04/2017 11:10 am  #7

Common Sense wrote:

Goose wrote:

What a disgrace.

He is not violating anything. He is glad to see someone fight back against the hyper partisan media.
And to act like religion does not get involved in politics is a bit naive. It happens every Sunday. Just ask the democrats? 

Remember when Hillary visited the Black church and she used her southern accent?

I could stomach Falwell's remarks if he had said that he tolerates Trump's tweets because they share policy views. But, for a Christian to say that he applauds such vulgar, and idiotic stuff is really beyond the pale.
Falwell, in my judgment has violated the first commandment.

Also, it is interesting that Trumpers cannot seem to defend their idol's actions so much as to spin the subject into an attack on either Clinton or Obama.
Sad.

7/04/2017 11:12 am  #8

Common Sense wrote:

I did.
You can see my name right there at the top of the page.

7/07/2017 2:52 pm  #9

From April:

Evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr., an early backer of Donald Trump, enthusiastically praised the president’s first 100 days of office.  

“I think evangelicals have found their dream president,” Falwell said on Saturday during “Justice With Judge Jeanine” on Fox News. 

Falwell also trashed moderate Republicans, who he said “make my blood boil.”

“Honestly I have more respect for Democrats than I do moderate Republicans,” Falwell said. “At least Democrats admit what they believe, and they say it up front, and at least you know what you’re dealing with.”

I understand, Mr Falwell. You are a man of belief.
You take your principles very seriously, and disdain those who waver.

Just let me ask one thing:
'What Part of Donald Trump Reminds You of Jesus Christ?'

Last edited by Goose (7/07/2017 2:52 pm)

Board footera