The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2017 11:50 am  #1

Toning it Down, Republican Style

In these tense times, it's good to know that you can turn to the good folks of Talk Radio to deliver a calming, sane  message of tolerance and understanding.

Holy Cow! I'm speechless.

Erick Erickson: Political left is becoming the American ISIS

Conservative radio host Erick Erickson on Monday equated the political left in the United States to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and said states should "start talking" about secession.

"The political left is becoming the American ISIS," Erickson wrote in a post on his blog. "Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant and then it seeks to silence good. Evil is now dominant — but the partisan line is blurred."

Erickson said liberals show "no signs of toning down" their hateful rhetoric even after a gunman opened fire on GOP lawmakers who were practicing last week for a congressional baseball game.
"From Nazism to Communism to progressivism itself, there has been more butchery from leftwing ideologies throughout human history than from the right — and yes despite popular historic revisionism, Nazism is from the left and had an American progressive fan club that included Margaret Sanger, patron saint of killing kids," Erickson writes.

Erickson says federalism and the ability for states to push for their interests does not appear to be working because "the minority nows gets to exert its will over the majority."

"The only escape is dissolution.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/338429-erick-erickson-political-left-is-becoming-the-american-isis

Last edited by Goose (6/19/2017 11:52 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/19/2017 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Toning it Down, Republican Style

And now this.
The most offensive political ad I have ever seen.

Last edited by Goose (6/19/2017 12:32 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/19/2017 1:43 pm  #3

I'm trying to connect the dots here, but I just can't.  A mentally ill guy who hated both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, supported Bernie Sanders and voted for Jill Stine, had a history of spousal and child abuse, took a military-style weapon to DC and squeezed off 50+ rounds of ammunition during a congressional baseball practice injuring several people is the "face of the progressive agenda".

6/19/2017 1:50 pm  #4

Just Fred wrote:

I'm trying to connect the dots here, but I just can't.  A mentally ill guy who hated both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, supported Bernie Sanders and voted for Jill Stine, had a history of spousal and child abuse, took a military-style weapon to DC and squeezed off 50+ rounds of ammunition during a congressional baseball practice injuring several people is the "face of the progressive agenda".

It's called slander,,,, or perhaps just a smear.
Anything to pursue even the most fleeting political advantage.
Honesty has become a punchline.

6/19/2017 2:38 pm  #5

We are a country steeped in division.  

That would be OK IF we recognized that each side has some valid points and were willing to compromise for the better good, but THAT ship perhaps has sailed. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera