The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2015 11:44 am  #1

FCC announces they plan to classify internet access as a utility

I can't believe this actually happened......

Today, in a statement given to Wired, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler revealed his plan to reclassify ISPs as common carriers under Title II of the Telcommunications Act. It's a striking victory for net neutrality advocates who have been fighting for years to solidify internet protections using Title II authority — and it's the first time the FCC has shown enough backbone to draw a line in the sand against companies like Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon, who are sure to fight viciously in courts to reverse this action.

Last edited by TheLagerLad (2/04/2015 11:45 am)

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/04/2015 1:52 pm  #2

Re: FCC announces they plan to classify internet access as a utility

Hooooooooooooooooray!

2/04/2015 1:59 pm  #3

Re: FCC announces they plan to classify internet access as a utility

flowergirl wrote:

Hooooooooooooooooray!

I'll hold my hooray until I see the final details but yeah, this is a step in the right direction.

And for all the worry the ISPs have showed in the last couple of months about how this decision would damage their businesses, Comcast stock is up 2.4%, and Time Warner Cable is up just under 2%

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera