The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2015 1:55 pm  #1

Iran nuclear deal framework announced

Let the R-tribe "howling" begin (and it surely will), never mind that this deal was a joint deal brokered with the support of the United States, Russia, China, France, the United Kingdom and Germany. 

Stay tuned to the talk show and news commentary stations this weekend !  Everyone WILL have a spin on this. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/world/iran-nuclear-talks/index.html

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/02/2015 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Iran nuclear deal framework announced

I think the key countries to listen to in this deal are Germany, France, and Russia. They would be a lot closer to the fall out of an Iranian nuke went off. If they approve of the deal, then I think we can.

But the one thing that concerns me is that we're still 90 days away from a formal agreement. A lot can go wrong between now and then.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/02/2015 4:24 pm  #3

This is a great day for a great first step towards a new beginning with Iran in regards to nuclear weapons. Hopefully it will get finalized without any large problems. I may be prematurely optimistic here, but I have to say that it feels pretty darn good, after extended flexing of our military muscle, to flex our great diplomacy muscle, which has been allowed to atrophy with disuse for so long. This makes me proud of my country.

4/05/2015 3:39 pm  #4

On the flip-side, Netanyahu is doing his best to lobby against the deal, and it didn't take him long to do it.  Funny how countries with nuclear capability (Israel is thought to have 200+ nuclear warheads) don't want anyone they don't like to have the same thing they they have.

4/05/2015 3:51 pm  #5

Just Fred wrote:

On the flip-side, Netanyahu is doing his best to lobby against the deal, and it didn't take him long to do it.  Funny how countries with nuclear capability (Israel is thought to have 200+ nuclear warheads) don't want anyone they don't like to have the same thing they they have.

I don't think it is so much that they don't "like" Iran and therefore don't want them to have it.  I have a feeling they are motivated more by the fact some Iranian leaders have openly said they would like to see Israel basically destroyed.  That and the fact they are a huge sponsor of terrorism in the region.

Would you feel comfortable with Iran having a nuclear weapon?

4/05/2015 6:18 pm  #6

From my perspective, I'm not comfortable with any nations or groups having access to nuclear weapons. There are two reasons for my concern:
1) Nuclear weapons exploding around the globe could very well eliminate all life and render our planet uninhabitable.
2) I have grave doubts that much of the political leadership throughout the globe have the ability to make rational, instead of emotional decisions.

As far as Netanyahu goes, I think he and the Israeli people would be better off if he would begin truthful, rational, and reasonable discussions with neighboring countries, rather than saber rattling, unauthorized confiscation of land and possessions of neighbors, and openly criticizing the government of the country that is his main benefactor and protector.

Last edited by Rongone (4/05/2015 6:18 pm)

4/05/2015 6:39 pm  #7

Since the question was asked, No, I am not comfortable with Iran having a nuclear weapon.
I just think that Netanyahu's position is very dangerous, and counterproductive to that goal.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera