The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2017 7:53 am  #11

Re: Sears in Crisis

I received my first credit card from Sears with a $300 limit. The catalog was the best. Loved the Craftsman hand tool line. They had a life time warranty. Anything goes wrong just bring the tool back and they would replace it. No questions and no receipt needed. 

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/25/2017 11:02 am  #12

Re: Sears in Crisis

Goose wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Not to kick them while they're down but when I was a child Sears was synonymous with quality.  

They had the best things to be had at prices people could manage.  

It was solid.

But my experience with Sears in my adlut life convinced me that I'll never buy from them again.  Product quality took a nosedive, and customer service doesn't exist.

IMO If they could have gotten one or the other right they might have stayed afloat.

Agreed. I bought a piece of exercise equipment from sears about 12 years ago. 
I took it home, assembled it and a piece was missing.
I called the local store where I bought it. They referred me to a very polite man. I explained what was missing - even the part number from the owners' manual - and he assured me that he would take care of it. Gave him my name and my home and cell numbers.
And I never heard from Sears again.

That was the last thing I ever bought from Sears.

I have a Kenmore roll-away dishwasher.  I grabbed the part that connects to the sink and pulled and it snapped off.  Plastic fittings.

So I went on line, looked up the parts I needed, then went to chat to arrange a service visit.

I explained the problem and told them what needs to be replaced.  I gave part numbers.  Even photos.

Service guy shows up.  Tells me the part that snapped off appears to have snapped off.  

I tell him he's correct.  Did you bring the parts?  

What parts?

But, I gave them the effing part numbers.

Sixty-eight bucks to tell me what I already know.  I went back to chat to complain.  They forwarded my complaint to a supervisor.  The supervisor writes back saying they aren't going to refund the service visit fee but they will apply a credit if I want to purchase a new dishwasher.

As if.

It was one of those e-mails that you can't respond to.  I called the local Sears.  Selected the option for customer service, and was transferred to a phone that keeps ringing, no answer. 

I eventually just ordered the parts and fixed it myself.  I had to be a little creative but it's holding up nicely.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera