The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2017 2:55 pm  #1

This is genius.....

Kudos to Tostitos, MADD, and Uber. 

Also, if you throw up into the bag of Tostitos, check yourself into rehab.

It’s almost time for the Super Bowl, and with that comes adult beverages. Some of us might overindulge to the point where it’s unsafe to drive home. If that’s the case, grab a bag of Tostitos.

The bag, which is outfitted with mini sensors, is able to detect alcohol in the breath of the holder. If the bag is green, go ahead and head home. If it’s red, call an Uber. Not only that, but if the bag turns red, a code for a $10 Uber discount displays as well, although it’s only valid on Super Bowl Sunday.

But let’s just pretend that someone is so intoxicated that calling an Uber is an impossible task. What then? Have the bag call the Uber for you. The bag has been outfitted with near-field communication tech which will order a ride automatically if you tap it with your smartphone.

The entire campaign of these high-tech snacks was a partnership between Frito-Lay and Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Their ultimate goal? Removing 25,000 cars from the roads that day. Super Bowl Sunday is also notorious for alcohol-related deaths and injuries, with 45 people killed in 2015.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/26/2017 4:10 pm  #2

Re: This is genius.....

So what does this bag of Tostitos cost ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/26/2017 6:14 pm  #3

I don't know. I am guessing that whatever low cost sensors are in the bag will just sense alcohol and flash red.

There was a police department from Ohio on Twitter that tweeted that said if you are blowing into a Tostitos bad you shouldn't drive whether you were drinking or not.

Either way, it's a good reminder not to booze and drive. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/26/2017 6:32 pm  #4

I'm enough of a libertarian to state that the economic marketplace may do more to curb DUIs than checkpoints and other "enhanced enforcement".

Might put the hurt on some defense lawyers.

Oh well.

Life is an Orthros.

1/29/2017 2:57 am  #5

All I can say is Thank God there is a thread that is not about Trump! 
With that said this is pretty neat technology.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/29/2017 8:14 am  #6

Common Sense wrote:

All I can say is Thank God there is a thread that is not about Trump! 
With that said this is pretty neat technology.

Yea, and you just put his name into that very thread.
Talk about genius,,,,,,,,,

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera