The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2015 6:10 pm  #1

AMANDA KNOX ACQUITTED

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/27/amanda-knox-murder-conviction-overturned-by-italy-highest-court/]AMANDA KNOX ACQUITTED

Italian jury overturns American's murder conviction, ending legal saga[/url]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03

Italy's highest court acquitted American Amanda Knox of murder Friday, ending her legal saga.Knox and her Italian ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito -- who was also acquitted Friday -- had been convicted, acquitted, and convicted in three different trials over the 2007 murder of Knox's flatmate Meredith Kercher in the Italian university town of Perugia."I am tremendously relieved and grateful for the decision of the Supreme Court of Italy," Knox said in a statement Friday. "The knowledge of my innocence has given me strength in the darkest times of this ordeal."

Last edited by Common Sense (3/27/2015 6:11 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/27/2015 6:21 pm  #2

Re: AMANDA KNOX ACQUITTED

I would never, and I mean never, want to get tangled up in the Italian legal system. It's very different from ours. I love Italy for many things, but that isn't one of them.

3/27/2015 8:42 pm  #3

Seems like in the Italian legal system, NOTHING is EVER over ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/27/2015 9:27 pm  #4

tennyson wrote:

Seems like in the Italian legal system, NOTHING is EVER over ! 

Some of that is because they have so many layers to their system. Where we have one trial, then use the transcripts of the trial for appeals, they have a trial for every level. New evidence can be presented at each trial, which is basically like a new trial every time. That's why as the case works it's way up the ladder of levels, you can be guilty, then not guilty, then guilty, etc. In Amanda Knox's case, she finally worked her way up to the highest level, so it's final now.

Board footera