The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2017 9:08 am  #21

Re: Bowls

TheLagerLad wrote:

I'll have a lot to write about it later, but it will hard for any football game in 2017 to top the Rose Bowl.

Yes, it sucked that the Nits lost and I don't know what happened with the play calling on the final offensive possession, but that was a fun game to watch.

I wondered the same thing about the play calling? Penn State can hold their heads high!
The team has overcome many hardships over the last few years. For pure excitement this game was the best.

Last edited by Common Sense (1/03/2017 9:10 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/03/2017 9:28 am  #22

Just Fred wrote:

It was a great and entertaining game for sure.  Best of the bowls and both teams should be proud.  One begins the season 1-3 and the other 2-2.  I'm guessing both Alabama and Clemson are glad they don't have to play either one of them right now.

Trace McSorley may give me a heart attack before he's done.
And Saquon Barkley is a treasure!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/03/2017 9:53 am  #23

PSU tries to put crushing loss in perspective

http://www.ydr.com/story/sports/college/penn-state/football/2017/01/02/psu-tries-put-crushing-loss-perspective/96085750/

Last edited by Common Sense (1/03/2017 9:54 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/03/2017 10:55 am  #24

I think we can say, after the past five years, Penn State football is officially back. 

Fowler and Herbstreit made a point to mention during the broadcast that every individual that was in charge during the Sandusky/Paterno era is gone. The current coaches and administrators have worked diligently to bring back respectability back to the football program. 

Herbstriet astutely noted that some believe the PSU should never be forgiven for what happened. And he said, and I agree, that it's understandable to feel that way. 

It will be a long time until we forget what Sandusky did and whether the institution (including Paterno) turned a blind eye to it. But this team and the coaches have done a lot to clear a major hurdle and that's to show that a team of talented young men can represent Pennsylvania well.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/04/2017 3:25 pm  #25

Today's Penn State football news headlines feature high praise for the 2017 Lions from ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit and FOX Sports' Colin Cowherd.

Herbstreit thanked both USC and Penn State for an "epic" Rose Bowl that ended with a 52-49 Trojans win on a last-second field goal. He predicted both teams would be preseason top-5 programs next season with a huge amount of talent returning for both teams. The Lions bring back nearly their entire starting offense and lose very few starters on defense.

Follow
 Kirk Herbstreit ✔ @KirkHerbstreit
Both @PennStateFball and @uscfootball have enjoyed great seasons and with the players they have coming back-BOTH will be preseason top 5!
11:33 PM - 2 Jan 2017
  567 567 Retweets   1,873 1,873 likes

Cowherd echoed those sentiments in saying Penn State has a chance to "win it all" next season:

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/01/kirk_herbstreit_colin_cowherd.html

Last edited by Goose (1/04/2017 3:30 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/04/2017 7:16 pm  #26

I was just looking at the Nits 2017 schedule.

Their out of conference schedule is fairly weak (Akron, Pitt, Georgia State), and they get what should be a easy-ish start with the Big Ten (Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern).

Then they get a bye week.

Then Michigan at home followed by a trip to Ohio State.

J.T. Barrett announced today that he's coming back for his senior season to QB the Buckeyes. He's scored a combined 100 touchdowns in three seasons at Ohio St. 

The second half of October is going to be rockin'

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera