The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2016 12:12 pm  #1

Rivalry Week

It's the final weekend of the regular season in college football, meaning it's rivalry week!!!

First things first, the game of the week from a Penn State perspective, as well as the final four could be shaped is Michigan @ Ohio State. Nittany Lion fans need to be rooting for Ohio State. 

The Buckeyes are 6.5 point favorites and Michigan's starting QB Wilton Speight looks to be a gametime decision as he's still fighting his shoulder injury.

Penn State will be playing Michigan State at 3:30 for the Land Grant Trophy (literally the worst rivalry trophy in all of college football, in my humble opinion)

If Ohio State and Penn State both win tomorrow, the Nits go to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship game next weekend.

Other rivalry games of note:

#5 Washington vs. #23 Washington St will play for the Apple Cup on Friday. Both teams are ranked and it would help the Nits cause if Washington lost. Washington has been favored by 6 all week.

Notre Dame vs. #12 Southern Cal - USC should crush the Irish, who have been dreadful this year, but you never know in this game.

#13 Auburn vs. #1 Alabama  - 'Bama is favored by 16 and should win, but Auburn has had a really string second half of the season. I expect this be to a close one. War Damn Eagle!!!!

#15 Florida vs. #14 Florida St. 

Happy football everyone!!!

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/23/2016 12:22 pm  #2

Re: Rivalry Week

What an awesome time of year!!!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/23/2016 12:57 pm  #3

I'm a bit nervous about the upcoming MSU game.  I hope the Nits aren't looking too far ahead. 

11/23/2016 1:11 pm  #4

Yea, even though MSU has had a dreadful year, I'm on pins and needles.
If a team like that catches fire, they can take a year's worth of frustration out on you.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/23/2016 1:43 pm  #5

I'd be more nervous for Penn State if Michigan wins. At that point, Penn State knows that any chance of a Big Ten title shot and the Playoff and that could knock their wind out a little. 

Here's the thing tho'......If they do beat MSU, regardless of what happens in Mich-OSU, they'll be in a New Year's Six Bowl game. Either the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl. 

So they have a lot to play for Saturday. On top of that, it's Senior Day and that should provide a lot of emotion and effort.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/23/2016 3:14 pm  #6

I hope you are right, Lager.

11/23/2016 3:33 pm  #7

I'd love to see Auburn throw a wrench into this thing.

The season seems to shaping up on deciding what team gets to go to The Show, and get their asses kicked by  Alabama

Board footera