The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2016 9:57 pm  #1

Here's something weird

Ohio State just jumped to #2 in the national poll.  If it stayed that way by winning their last games (which includes Michigan) and PSU wins out, wouldn't PSU win the east division of the Big Ten yet not be included in the playoff for the national championship?  PSU would play for the Big Ten Championship and OSU would be watching it on tv while waiting to play for the national championship.

Do I have that right?

11/15/2016 10:07 pm  #2

Re: Here's something weird

Yep. Penn State has the tie-breaker with Ohio St. because they won their head to head matchup.

Lotta talk tonight of the CFB Playoff Ranking show about Penn State maybe making the playoff. 

Personally, I think the Nits have to have a lot of things turn out right for them to get a Playoff bid.

1) Penn State needs to win out vs. Rutgers and Michigan State.
2) Ohio State needs to beat Michigan
3) Penn State needs to win the Big Ten title game (vs. Wisconsin, probably)
4) Just my opinion, but hope Washington, or Clemson, or Louisville lose another game
5) Hope, after all that, the CFB Playoff committee has a high enough opinion of Penn State and the Big Ten to put them in the playoff. 

Last edited by TheLagerLad (11/15/2016 10:09 pm)

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/16/2016 7:25 am  #3

A very interesting finale in store

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/17/2016 9:15 am  #4

Key games to look at this weekend if you want to see PSU's chances of getting into the playoffs improve

Tonight - #5 Louisville vs. Houston

Hard to believe, but at one point this season, Houston was ranked 6th in the nation. Then, they lost a 46-40 shootout to Navy and then got smoked by SMU a couple of weeks later. Now, Houston is not in the Top 25. 

But, they are 8-2 and their offense puts up an average of 450 yards a game. 

Louisville, with one loss to Clemson is still in the hunt for a playoff spot. At one point last week against Wake Forest, they were losing 12-0 but ended up rattling off 44 straight point, most in the 4th quarter to make their effort look a lot better than it was for most of the game. 

PSU could really use a second Louisville loss.

Saturday @ 3:30 Michigan vs. Indiana 

Michigan is a final 4 team right now but will likely go into this game without their starting QB, who was injured against Iowa last weekend. And hey, Indiana looked pretty good against PSU last weekend. Could an upset be in order?

Saturday @ 7:00 - Clemson vs. Wake Forest

Clemson should beat Wake, but the Demon Deacons showed guts in holding likely Heisman winner Lamar Jackson to basically nothing for three quarters last week. Could Clemson be still hurting after their loss to Pitt last week?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/17/2016 9:33 am  #5

Thanks for the info Lager.

That Louisville game will be on ESPN at 8 tonight

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/17/2016 9:11 pm  #6

About halfway through the 2nd quarter

Houston 17
Louisville 0

👍👍👍

11/17/2016 9:17 pm  #7

Houston 24
Louisville 0

🔥🍺🏈🍺🏈🔥

11/17/2016 9:25 pm  #8

Houston 31
Louisville 0

11/18/2016 8:27 am  #9

Pretty much a display of domination by Houston.
PSU gets the first domino to fall their way

Board footera