The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2016 10:57 am  #1

PSU-Iowa

7:30 at Beaver Stadium.
Looks like the Lions will be a 7 point favorite.
Thoughts?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/03/2016 11:44 am  #2

Re: PSU-Iowa

I like PSU (actually I follow ALL PA teams and root for them), but never sure about PSU. They look good at times and pretty bad other times. So far they have generally found a way to win (which is what it is all about). They definitely are NOT in the powerhouse category as of yet. I hope they win. The odds makers have them at about a 5 point advantage. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/03/2016 12:16 pm  #3

This oughta be a good game. You have two pretty bad offenses, statistically speaking, and two pretty good defenses. So we should see a tight, low scoring game.

I like Penn State at home and under the lights. But Iowa is coming off of their bye week. In the Hawkeyes last game, they hung tight with a Top 10 Wisconsin team, losing by 8. Again, the Iowa D was tough in that game, but their offense couldn't get off the ground.

All of the current lines in Vegas have Penn State as a 7 or 7.5 point favorite. The number seems about right to me, but if I had to take a side, I'd probably lean to Iowa being able to keep the final to under a TD.

Prediction:

Penn State 20
Iowa 16

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/03/2016 12:56 pm  #4

I like Penn State at home. However I don't see them making a seven point spread. I will go for Penn State 24 Iowa 20.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/05/2016 9:44 pm  #5

BLOWOUT ! 

Way to go Penn State. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/06/2016 6:51 am  #6

This is why I don't bet.
Go Nits!!!!!

11/07/2016 8:16 am  #7

One of the more thorough beatings from start to finish against a decent Big Ten team that I can remember. 

Penn State has far exceeded expectations. I kind of wish they had a chance to play Michigan again just to see how far they've come since the start of the season.

Fun fact: Penn State is now #12 in the college football rankings. The last time they were #12 was the same day that charges were announced against Jerry Sandusky in 2011.

The latest Bowl projections came out yesterday morning and right now, PSU is projected to be heading to the Orange Bowl to play Louisville, and their likely Heismann Trophy winner, Lamar Jackson. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/07/2016 10:15 am  #8

All good news for PSU fans.

Board footera