The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2016 6:50 am  #1

Cash Back Credit Card Deals

Mind you that credit cards can lead people quickly into debt that without them they might not have amassed, but IF you are a person that pays off their credit card bills in full before the due date, there are some excellent cash back offers on the table right now. 

Check out the article comparing them. 

http://www.nextadvisor.com/credit_cards/cash_back.php

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/15/2016 9:32 am  #2

Re: Cash Back Credit Card Deals

I allow the points to build to the maximum allowed then get gift cards to use for only gas purchases.  I've no need for the items they offer for purchase with those points.  My VISA card gives me $200.00 cash when I accumulate 20,000 points.  For me that takes awhile but I'm a patience individual.  Notice I said "gift" cards and not "gas" cards.  Purchasing gas cards does not give you dollar for dollar where gift cards do.  And yes, I pay any balances in full every month.  I cannot remember ever paying any late or other credit card fees.

3/15/2016 2:57 pm  #3

I have a credit card with rewards points that I pay in full when I get the bill.  I don't really like the idea of using a credit card, but I use it because I like the security over a check card/debit card, especially when shopping online.  If my number is stolen and fraudulent purchases are made, it's a whole lot less of a pain with a credit card, because none of my money is gone.  If my check card number were stolen and used, my money is gone from my account and it's a hassle to get it back.

The cash back thing is just a small bonus.  I let it build up to about $200, then take the money, a check for $200 in the mail.

3/17/2016 5:24 pm  #4

I like my Amex Blue Cash Everyday card. I put almost everything on it and pay it off in full every month - I've never carried a balance or paid a penny of interest on any of my cards. I accrue about $100 in cash back every 4 months, which I apply to my next bill as a credit.

Board footera