The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2016 5:16 pm  #1

Sad month for music

In addition to Bowie heading to the great beyond, we also lost two other classic rock icons.

Glenn Frey died a couple of weeks ago. While I was never the biggest Eagles fan, I appreciated his song writing. But I really liked his 80's hit, Smuggler's Blues.

And just yesterday, we lost Paul Kantner, who was the Jefferson Airplane guitarist.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/11/2016 7:39 pm  #2

Re: Sad month for music

Keith Emerson, or the prog rock group Emerson, Lake, and Palmer passed away at 72 today. Emerson was a touring musician with Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix prior to creating ELP.

Long time followers of the Exchange know that ELP's "I Believe in Father Christmas" is one of my top five Christmas songs ever.

But more than that, ELP put out one of the best progressive rock/keyboard driven albums in the 70's. It was called 'Brain Salad Surgery"

Take a half hour, put some headphones on, turn the volume to 11, and enjoy the whole Karn Evil 9 suite. It really is the epicenter of the whole Prog Rock movement.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera