The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2016 4:20 pm  #11

Re: Who Ya Got This Weekend?

$20.00 for a NFL Wild Card Round?
That's 1960's prices

Get the long underwear out!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/08/2016 8:54 pm  #12

It will be interesting to see how many empty seats there will be.  The last temp. I heard was 10-15 below.

1/09/2016 8:55 am  #13

Seahawks, Vikings to use specially designed underwear for frigid wild-card game

The company's branding won’t be noticeable to fans, but Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings players will have some hidden help for Sunday’s NFC wild-card game in what is forecast to be one of the coldest in NFL history.

Both teams will be outfitted with cold-weather gear supplied by Minnesota-based WSI Sports that is specifically designed for football players forced to perform in frigid conditions. No WSI logos will be visible during the game because of the league’s sponsorship deal with Nike.“This has been a big break for us,” WSI Sports owner and founder Joel Wiens told USA TODAY Sports. “I’ve spent most of my life pounding away, and we’ve been successful. But over the last few years, we’ve gotten noticed by designing better and better cold-weather gear.”

Last edited by Common Sense (1/09/2016 8:55 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/09/2016 10:16 am  #14

I think help is available for fans also--at least those nutty enough to be in the stands--hand warmers and space in an nearby auditorium.

1/10/2016 9:10 am  #15

Well, looks like Doug, rongone, and I are 2 for 2 so far.  We shall see what Sunday brings.

1/10/2016 9:17 am  #16

Just Fred wrote:

Well, looks like Doug, rongone, and I are 2 for 2 so far.  We shall see what Sunday brings.

That Steelers game was ugly.
I wonder if the Cincy coach will get canned.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/10/2016 11:24 am  #17

Agree.  That was not the way NFL games are to be played and at one point we nearly had an all out donnybrook.  Cincy players must have taken their nasty pills before kickoff.

1/10/2016 11:26 am  #18

Hoping for a Redskins game this afternoon.  At least it won't be played in sub-zero temps.  In the 50s today and the Sea Hawks-Vikings fans should be very jealous.

1/10/2016 11:48 am  #19

As a Steelers fan, I'm glad they won, but I tuned in to watch a football game and ended up with a hockey match. The NFL is going to have to get coaches and players to control themselves and their emotions before someone gets seriously injured because one player targets another. Burfict needs to receive a substantial fine and suspension. Adam, don't call me pacman 'cause I've changed my ways, Jones gets the Forrest Gump "stupid is as stupid does award" for his actions that allowed the Steelers to win the game with a chip shot field goal. Did you happen to see his profanity laced tirade he released after the game? He took it down after several players chastised him about it and released a contrition video later apologizing for his outburst, and probably hoping to avoid a fine by the league. I hope Tomlin speaks to William Gay about his ridiculous dancing flamingo display in the end zone after the touchdown that wasn't a touchdown as he cost the team 15 yards for his silliness. Also, Gay's inability to cover a pillow, let alone a receiver, allowed A.J. Green to score for the Bengals as Gay stood there like a guy waiting for a bus. All in all it was a very ugly game with individual players disregarding the team and making purely physical attacks on other players that hurt their team as well as the opposing player. In the end, the Bengals have no one to blame for the loss than themselves. Specifically Burfict and Jones for their selfish, emotional, stupid antics on the field. But at least their fans maintained a modicum of decorum--throwing garbage on the field and pelting Rothilesberger with garbage as he left the field on the cart for x-rays. That was real classy.

Last edited by Rongone (1/10/2016 11:50 am)

1/10/2016 1:33 pm  #20

The bigger story might be whether or not Brown will be able to play next week and if Big Ben's injury is serious or just a minor boo-boo.

Board footera