The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2018 11:18 pm  #1

Students ordered to spray paint over name of Christ on football field

“This is something I believe in, This is something I cannot and will not compromise on.”

OK, so, it's about sticking with your beliefs even if unpopular?
Todd respects that.
 Kinda like taking a knee during the national anthem?

Students ordered to spray paint over name of Christ on football field

By Todd Starnes | Fox News

Two Benton High School students were ordered to remove a logo from the football field end zones because it included Christian references.The order came just hours before the Louisiana high school football team ran onto the field.

“You have to stand up for Christ no matter what (and we) just told the coaches we wouldn’t do it,” one of the students wrote on social media. “We ended up leaving the field and not helping them cover up the Scripture that was put on the field.” 

The logo belonged to Christ Fit Gym, a faith-based gymnasium in nearby Bossier City, Louisiana. It included the words “Christ Fit Gym,” a cross and a Bible verse reference, 1 Timothy 4:8.Owner Billy Weatherall tells me he paid the high school football booster club $3,500 to put his logo in the end zone for the 2018-19 football season.

“We have a signed contract,” he told the Todd Starnes Radio Show. “I got a phone call from a school official Friday morning while I was having my quiet time and drinking coffee,” Weatherall said. “He said they were instructed to paint over the cross and he was devastated about it

.”After he hung up the telephone and talked to his wife, Weatherall knew that he was going to have to take a stand.

“This is something I believe in,” he said. “This is what my faith is all about. This is something I cannot and will not compromise on.”
Republican State Sen. Ryan Gatti, who is representing Christ Fit Gym, said he did not think he would see the day in Louisiana when teenagers would be asked to violate their conscience.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/10/students-ordered-to-spray-paint-over-name-christ-on-football-field.html

Last edited by Goose (9/10/2018 11:26 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/11/2018 6:53 am  #2

Re: Students ordered to spray paint over name of Christ on football field

They need to get some Nike "Just do it" shirts !  

(or to be technical in this case "Just Don't do it") 

Last edited by tennyson (9/11/2018 6:54 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

9/12/2018 5:15 am  #3

And, the "Christ Fit Gym"?

Kinda using the lord's name in vain, isn't it?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/12/2018 2:24 pm  #4

Sounds like grounds for a breach of contract suit...even though I don't care for the commercialization of Christianity by a for-profit business.

Life is an Orthros.

9/12/2018 4:02 pm  #5

Tarnation wrote:

Sounds like grounds for a breach of contract suit...even though I don't care for the commercialization of Christianity by a for-profit business.

I felt that way as well. 
I do have a problem with a business - like a gym - that is completely unrelated to religion trying to make a buck off of wearing their Christianity on their sleeve. I mean, is the Jesus Dry cleaner next?

Still, they entered into a contract with this guy, took his money,,,,,,

Board footera