The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2018 12:16 pm  #1

McCain Funeral irks the Trumpkins

McCain's funeral has really ticked off some Trumpkins, who called it an insult to the President.
I dunno, if talk of dignity, honor and sacrifice insults you, maybe you are backing the wrong guy.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/02/2018 12:27 pm  #2

Re: McCain Funeral irks the Trumpkins

This one is actually funny.

Candace Owens, Trump supporter and communications director for the fringe group Turning Point USA Tweeted this:

Candace Owens

Verified account

@RealCandaceO
Follow Follow @RealCandaceO
More
Leftist propaganda does not work on me—even when it comes in the form of a lavish funeral. 

#McCainMemorial

"Leftist Propaganda"?

Like when the Navy choir, in their dress whites sang Faith of Our Fathers, and Amazing Grace?

Like when Renee Fleming sang Danny Boy?

Like when McCain was eulogized by two past Presidents, one a Democrat and one a Republican?

Like when I looked into the audience and saw dozens of men and women in the uniform of their country's armed forces?

Sorry, Ms Owens. People despise your President. And it has nothing to do with being a liberal or a conservative. People hate your President because he is an awful human being.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/02/2018 2:37 pm  #3

Goose wrote:

McCain's funeral has really ticked off some Trumpkins, who called it an insult to the President.
I dunno, if talk of dignity, honor and sacrifice insults you, maybe you are backing the wrong guy.

Guess Trump going to play golf that day was NOT an insult ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

9/02/2018 8:54 pm  #4

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

Guess Trump going to play golf that day was NOT an insult ! 

He was specifically not invited/not welcome at the services.

Better to smack a few golf balls than to sit around and stew about it.

Even better would have been to go off to Camp David for the weekend.

Life is an Orthros.

9/03/2018 6:07 am  #5

Yea, Trump was pretty clearly told that he was unwelcome at the services, so I wouldn't have expected him stand at attention outside the National Cathedral.

Still, by golfing, Trump fed into the narrative that he is a feckless, mean spirited man who does not respect a figure loved by millions of Americans. Better to spend a quiet weekend at Camp David, out of the reach of cameras, than to generate this headline:

Washington Mourned John McCain. President Trump Played Golf.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/us/politics/trump-john-mccain.html

I will never understand Trump's decision, since the election to not even try to expand his support.
I guess that he cannot overcome his nature and his demons.

9/03/2018 9:47 am  #6

Goose wrote:

Yea, Trump was pretty clearly told that he was unwelcome at the services, so I wouldn't have expected him stand at attention outside the National Cathedral.

Still, by golfing, Trump fed into the narrative that he is a feckless, mean spirited man who does not respect a figure loved by millions of Americans. Better to spend a quiet weekend at Camp David, out of the reach of cameras, than to generate this headline:

Washington Mourned John McCain. President Trump Played Golf.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/us/politics/trump-john-mccain.html

I will never understand Trump's decision, since the election to not even try to expand his support.
I guess that he cannot overcome his nature and his demons.

That narrative plays out on a daily basis with Trump  ! 

Last edited by tennyson (9/03/2018 9:47 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera