The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2018 6:30 am  #1

​Jerry Falwell Insults Founding Fathers To Defend Trump

Jerry Falwell Jr. Insults Founding Fathers To Defend Trump’s Jerky Behavior

The Liberty University president’s comments about Donald Trump didn’t go over too well on Twitter.

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. just came up with a truly bizarre defense of President Donald Trump’s rude behavior ― and all he had to do was blame Founding Fathers like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

On Thursday, Falwell attempted to justify Trump’s rudeness in a tweet that suggested the Founding Fathers wanted people like him in the White House.

Jerry Falwell

@JerryFalwellJr
 We have been duped into viewing politicians as royalty when our Founders intended them to be only temp public servants. Complaints @realDonaldTrump is not “presidential” are because he acts like one of us-exactly why our Founders fought in Rev War to win independence from royalty

11:37 AM - Aug 16, 2018
10.7K people are talking about this

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jerry-falwell-jr-trump-founding-fathers_us_5b75d4fce4b018b93e91d245

"Complaints @realDonaldTrump is not “presidential” are because he acts like one of us".

Excuse me? Speak for yourself, Jerry.

I don't act like Donald Trump. 
My parents and grandparents didn't act like Donald Trump.
My wife doesn't act like Donald Trump.

And,,,,, if my kids ever acted like that adulterous, racist, sexual assaulting, foul mouthed man, I would disown them!

Last edited by Goose (8/19/2018 6:31 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/19/2018 6:45 am  #2

Re: ​Jerry Falwell Insults Founding Fathers To Defend Trump

Maybe Jerry meant to say 'Trump is not President because he acts like the people on the Jerry Springer show"?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/19/2018 10:35 am  #3

Re: ​Jerry Falwell Insults Founding Fathers To Defend Trump

This is EXACTLY why many view Trump supporters as hypocrites ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera